Cricket advice (advice greatly appreciated)

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Tigger
Hi there, strangers of the internet. I have a 5 month old beardie who's been plowing through 20 crickets a day at this point, if I'm being totally honest it's starting to get a bit expensive... About 10 dollars a week for 70 crickets that disappear in no time! God- half of them die off before I can feed them! I can't keep doing this! How on earth can I keep these things alive? They are kept in a 13" long 10" wide plastic tub with decent airflow and lots of room to climb, I'm going to drill some holes in the sides tomorrow morning and I'll try to add a mesh on the top if I can... They are offered the greens I feed my beardie to gutload them along with some of that weird Fluker's cricket diet, the food is replaced when ever necessary. They aren't dehydrated... Did I get the temps wrong? They aren't kept anywhere special, they are in 67-84 degree temps (maybe a bit on the cool side, my city is going through a heat strike atm so the ac is cranked). Please, please, please help me out on this- I swear if this keeps up I'll go broke (ok, not broke but it's gonna take a number on my bank account.) Any and all advice is welcome, darn it, I just want to feed my animals! Why is everything so darn expensive?
My girls about 5 months old ive seen her mow down 100 in a day shes crazy there are some websites to order bulk for cheaper so were i order its 13-14$ for 250 i also get bsfls i order by the 1000$ as my beardie refuses salads only eats small pieces from my hand no matter what i try

Tigger_14

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Tigger

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom