Coughing? gleeking? choking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Topic moved to the ER due to the nature of the issue.
maryjanedoyle":0cc75 said:
My female Mary-Jane has been making odd noices and "spitting" out fluids from her mouth. any ideas?
How long has this been going on?My first thought is that she may have a Respiratory Infection(RI).What are her temps and how are you measuring them?What has she been eating?Anything different?When you say fluids,how much?Is it thick and mucousy?

maryjanedoyle

Original Poster
this has been going on for awhile now. 3 months or so maybe more. when fluids come out its not alot. its a clear fluid. thinkness im not sure about...she eats normal. greens worms and crickets.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
maryjanedoyle":ffe24 said:
this has been going on for awhile now. 3 months or so maybe more. when fluids come out its not alot. its a clear fluid. thinkness im not sure about...she eats normal. greens worms and crickets.
Wow thats quite a while.I have to be himest I think the first and most important thing to be done is to get her to the vet ASAP.If it is an RI it wont go away on its own and she will need antibiotics.Te only other thing I could think of is she is having digestive issues and having some sort of reflux whihc again needs meds,by your descriptions I would bet its an RI though.Could you anser the other questions I asked about?

maryjanedoyle

Original Poster
the temp? that i have no answer for cuz i dont know how to get the temp from a reptile and what im looking for lol. also why do they run around the tank tryin to get out? lol scratchin at the glass tryin to climb out

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
maryjanedoyle":a5af3 said:
the temp? that i have no answer for cuz i dont know how to get the temp from a reptile and what im looking for lol. also why do they run around the tank tryin to get out? lol scratchin at the glass tryin to climb out
No I meant the basking temps/tank temperature.Beardies require very specific temperature/climates in order to properly digest food and to avoid respiratory issues.You must have a basking SURFACE for them that is 95f-110f and a cool end of 75-80f.This is generally measured using a digital themrometer with a probe.What type of UVB bulbs and heat bulbs do you have?

maryjanedoyle

Original Poster
oh lol. ya they are at specs. and they bulbs are eco-terra bulbs both uva and uvb are. what about the second question i asked? you seem to kno alot do u have msn or anythin into which i could better talk with you? ill give u mine if you have msn messanger i have a few other problems i need help with

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Sorry I dont have MSN.I do have Aim but I am having some issues with my computer currently so I wont be able to IM tonight but I would be happy to PM you when I get back on here tomorrow as I do think there is alot of things that we could go over.Glass dancing can be normal but if she is doing it all the time then generally its a sign that things need to be tweaked in her environment.I do hope you can get her to the vet quickly as she wont get better on her own.Also tomorrow I would like to go over your entire setup with you if your up for it.

maryjanedoyle

Original Poster
yes you bet. anything and everything we can go over. i can get her to the vet tomorrow most likely. i live on mountain time so its 10pm now. what time would u be on tmr to talk about all of this? do u have facebook? we could do it that way maybe if u have it. lol

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Sorry I keep getting booted off my computer.My husband did something crazy with our wireless connection.I will be on latest 8PM but you can email me when you cone on and I will get it on my phone and if possible I will jump on.To email me just click the email button under my sig.Great that you can get her to the vet tomorrow.Hopefully yiu can get her on the right meds and then I can help you make adjustements to the enclosure so it wont happen again.Let me know what the vet says.Goodnight.

One final note.Try to get all the med and dosage info fron the vet so I can go over it with you and DO NOT let them give her Ivomec/Ivomectin she wont have a good reaction and it can do serious damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom