Cleaning rags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo

Hi everyone! Was wondering how you guys clean your rags after your beardies poop on em? Do you put it in the washer and dryer or do you hand wash? And what type of detergent or soap do you guys use? Thanks again and happy holidays!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just throw the rags/blankets in the washer and dryer. I use All Free&Clear HE detergent. The heat from the dryer should take care of sanitization once the washer has cleaned off the rags.

zippo

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1d5bu7be said:
I just throw the rags/blankets in the washer and dryer. I use All Free&Clear HE detergent. The heat from the dryer should take care of sanitization once the washer has cleaned off the rags.
Thank you for the quick information Cooper!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I use disposable kitchen grade paper towels and F10 Wipes (if necessary). And then give the soiled-cleaned spot a spray with diluted F10.

zippo

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":oqlslsml said:
I use disposable kitchen grade paper towels and F10 Wipes (if necessary). And then give the soiled-cleaned spot a spray with diluted F10.
Oh, I used paper towels and dispose em! But I add little rags to use as their blankets and when they poop on em, I've been trashing em and it doesn't make sense. I guess, the idea of washing the poop rags in my laundry was a bit repulsive but if that's sanitary then it will do! Also, I'm probably gonna use newspaper over paper towels to save money in the future!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use them the same way. For daily poops I use the paper towels and toss em but the rags are used for general cleaning and are good for blankets as you mentioned. I just toss them in the wash on their own when I have enough of them dirty and it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom