Cheapest Dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the best place to buy stock to start my own dubia colony. Also, do you suggest all adults or mixed with some nymphs? We wont feed out of it until it is steady.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
i cant speak for anyone else but i just got some from http://www.BestRoach.com and am happy with them. they are very quiet and i never see them climb anything but the eggcrate. quick service too, he told me they'd be there on friday and they came thursday morning :wink: .

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
Been looking around and found a good deal on dubia. I plan to start a colony soon and found DUBIAROACHES.COM buy 100 get 100 1/2 off Shipping included . they accept paypal and phone orders as far as I can tell. I haven't tried them yet so I was wondering if anyone else has tried them yet and what their experience was with them

LQDragons

Juvie Member
diggerdrake":befd9 said:
Been looking around and found a good deal on dubia. I plan to start a colony soon and found DUBIAROACHES.COM buy 100 get 100 1/2 off Shipping included . they accept paypal and phone orders as far as I can tell. I haven't tried them yet so I was wondering if anyone else has tried them yet and what their experience was with them
sounds like a good deal, I know someone with a price match policy :mrgreen:

amime

Hatchling Member
I bought from LQDragons and they were very competitively priced. Also he included plenty of adult females and males (at my request) so the colony could start breeding right away.

He was really easy to work with and answered all my questions promptly :) I bought 500 dubia mixed.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
LQDragons":3a635 said:
diggerdrake":3a635 said:
sounds like a good deal, I know someone with a price match policy :mrgreen:
This is a good deal. I ordered 200 of the small nymphs from them just to use as feeders (I purchased my startup mix from TheRoachGuy 2 months ago). The way they shipped could be better (IMO) because they did not package them in a container like Jason did. They just threw some roaches, egg crates, and food in a cardboarb box and taped it up. I don't know how others ship their roaches.

BestRoach

Hatchling Member
Typically large roach orders can not be packed in plastic containers, due to the "sweating" that occurs. This is especially true for summer months. That said, 200 smalls is fine in plastic containers, such as the 32oz bug cups Jason (Roachguy) and I use. I try to avoid packing anymore than 125 mixed nymphs in a 32oz bug cup, and orders of 500 or more are typically packed in their own boxes.
Shipping bugs can be a very delicate matter, and sometimes breeders do not want to take the risk associated with plastic. Some choose to use cups as a nod toward the customer, with others prefering various alternatives.

All that said, roaches should never be loose in a box without informing the customer. The last thing I would want when ordering roaches is to have them escape once the box is opened. It only takes a second to write "loose in box" on the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom