carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinbob

i used to have sand in my beardies cage then i put carpet in there like a floor mat carpet the carpets not too long was just wondering if this is ok he seems ok with it but dosnt run around like he used to he still acts normal

Luthien

Juvie Member
Reptile carpet is fine for beardies, it might take him awhile to get used to it though.

Please remove the sand though, sand is very bad for beardies and if ingested by them (beardies are like babies, everything goes into their mouths :p ) it can kill them from impaction. I learnt this the hard way with my very first beardie who died a very horrible death :(

Not trying to scare you but please don't put your beardie on sand of any kind!

kevinbob

Original Poster
ya i took the sand out cause he sits by a window cause he likes to look out the window so i put the carpet in it's not reptile carpet though it's like a floor mat i wanted somthing in there that would keep him warm during the night but i think it will be fine

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Just wanted to warn you about placing vivs in front of windows. There is no way to control the heat that will build up in the tank from direct sunlight therefore you may not know what your temps are fluctuating to and your beardie could overheat.

Just a word to the wise.

Kalyn

Luthien

Juvie Member
Kalyn876":oy3775gh said:
Just wanted to warn you about placing vivs in front of windows. There is no way to control the heat that will build up in the tank from direct sunlight therefore you may not know what your temps are fluctuating to and your beardie could overheat.

Just a word to the wise.

Kalyn

Very true, the temp of the viv will rise and fall with the temps from outside and you won't be able to regulate it like they need. One day it will be too hot and the next day too cold.

If you really want a good substrate to use go buy some ceramic tiles that you use for for counters. Their inexpensive $3.00 for a 12X12 square, easy to clean (Just take them out and wash them down), keep the heat very nicely because their ceramic and do wonders in keeping your beardies claws filed down :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom