Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I managed to grab a picture of Beebz vent area yesterday:
20230321_200709.jpg

20230321_200712.jpg

Are these pictures good enough to make a good guess on sex. Is my Dragon Princess actually a Prince?

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
If you can take Beebz and place him / her on a table flat w/ vent towards the camera tail in the air would be better -
Gotcha,
This was a target of opportunity so I took the shot ;)

She (or he) doesn't hold still very long when out of the enclosure, but I'll try and get a better picture when I can. Also will make an attempt to backlight with a flashlight as that seems to be the best option.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
It's a boy. :)
I thought I saw the double bulge there... but I didn't want to prejudice the jury :p

Is it safe to say you're 90%+ sure? I have to break the news to my daughter who is going to be a little disappointed. She'll get over it, but I'll be in so much trouble if I have to change my mind again. :ROFLMAO:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, pretty much a sure thing. You can always take a few more pics if you like , even a few months down the road but looks male as you said seeing the slight double bulge above the vent.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Yes, pretty much a sure thing. You can always take a few more pics if you like , even a few months down the road but looks male as you said seeing the slight double bulge above the vent.
Awesome. And thank you very much. My daughter left the wall Beebz enclosure is against pink when we painted the room.... man I'm in trouble :LOL:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Looks male to me also.
Look at the bright side the name you picked works for either sex 😄

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Looks male to me also.
Look at the bright side the name you picked works for either sex 😄
Yes, I have been making that point for a couple weeks now. I was suspicious based on how quickly Beebz has grown, but I wasn't entirely sure we didn't just have a big hungry girl.

Beebz is back to her his, ravenous self today. Breakfast consisted of 20 Dubai and probably about as many small BSFL.

I may have to start cutting that back a bit though as he is eating less salad, he used to glom down all his kale/collards as soon as insects were done, but now only eats a little of it.

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Don't worry about if his room is pink or blue, beardies aren't concerned with that as long as the dubias + other bugs are a plenty. ! 😀
Yes, I reckon he very much doesn't care what pronoun is used by his loyal servants, and was more annoyed I dared lift his tail.

And while my Daughter will undoubtedly use this opportunity to give me hard time, she is a good sport and will love her Dragon Prince no less than before.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom