Can I keep a Bearded Dragon with a Day Gecko?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Good analogy for you guys.

Beardie with Gecko = Tyrannosaurus Rex with Goat

The only gecko that MIGHT stand a chance is a larger Tokay since their Bite is pretty vicious.

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
i would think a large tokay would be a nightmare for a beardie....my money would be on the tokay....their temperament and bite is nasty

look at that mouth!

c.jpg

lol

saleen89559

Juvie Member
The only reason a Tokay would stand a chance is their temper and bite. But..... Beardies have bigger teeth and can bite harder when they need to. Geckos have soft skin, easy to shred for a beardie's jaw strength.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I can't stop giggling. How did this turn into a beardie vs. gecko thread? I keep having these thoughts about beardie vs hamsters... beardie vs canary... beardie vs small yippy dog... oh my goodness! Silliness abounds!

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
saleen89559":25jmrs2f said:
The only reason a Tokay would stand a chance is their temper and bite. But..... Beardies have bigger teeth and can bite harder when they need to. Geckos have soft skin, easy to shred for a beardie's jaw strength.

good point! wasnt considering the toughness of beardies skin....that would be a big factor for a gecko....do geckos fight in circles too like beardies? geckos are more fragile than beardies, but tokays are awfully aggressive when they need to be.....although, i saw a clip where steve erwin got bit by a beardie and that thing was in kill mode....after re-examining, i think i change my stance and give the edge to the beardie...their skin is like armor compared to a tokay

Kristen623

Agreed! Definitely 2 different terrarium set ups. I have a 9 month old leopard gecko that I mist several times a day. I heat his cage with a heat pad on the bottom as they enjoy belly heat. Along with a hidebox, he also has a moist/moss hide box for him to shed in. I use a purple light at nighttime for him. My 5 month old beardie has none of these items. They only thing they have in common is they devour crickets, Pheonix worms, and Silkworms! lol

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
Kristen623":1d42s9v2 said:
Agreed! Definitely 2 different terrarium set ups. I have a 9 month old leopard gecko that I mist several times a day. I heat his cage with a heat pad on the bottom as they enjoy belly heat. Along with a hidebox, he also has a moist/moss hide box for him to shed in. I use a purple light at nighttime for him. My 5 month old beardie has none of these items. They only thing they have in common is they devour crickets, Pheonix worms, and Silkworms! lol

if youre misting your leopard gecko that often, he will probably be at risk for respiratory problems

you only way about 40% humidity ...60 is the max and not reccomended.... i keep my pictus gecko at 60-80 and only mist once a day, cant imagine the humidity misting 3 times a day

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Has anyone noticed that the original OP has never come back onto this thread? Guess we answered his question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom