Can anyone tell the sex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
This is Nunu he/she is about 5 months old now..
and i still dont no the sex, and was just wondering if anyone can help me out?
Bit of a crap picutre...
Photo0212.jpg

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Hey sweets... back up a few more inches... better picture.
I'd vote female for now, but will reassess for a clearer photo..
Janie

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I vote male, based on the picture that looks like you have bulges running up the side of the tail, with a valley in between. The picture doesn't show it too well, but I strongly suspect male.

Jeff

Indie85

Hatchling Member
After seeing the first pic, I thought male. But now after seeing the clearer photos, I vote female :D

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
ARR! so many thoughts! and mixed!
thanks guys..i would still like to here your comments, and i suppose i will just add up the diffrences,

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
When you lift the tail like, holding the dragon in the palm of your hand with the head of the dragon resting on your middle finger, you can slowly swing the tail side to side to reveal the bulges of the hemipenis. You lift the tail with the opposite hand, thumb under the tail with the index finger helping the bend on top. When it is male, the bulges will appear and kind of recede with the side to side movement. It can take some practice with actual males to see the difference.

Also I tend to see a upside down V in the case of the female bulges, while it is not ALWAYS the case I am cautious to claim definite sex if a female looks like these pictures for fear of the opportunity it becomes male.

The pores on the back legs look more male (pic 3) than female also.

I will say I find it much easier in person rather than by someones picture, video I suspect could show more conclusively.

Jeff

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I would say femal, based on my own female, but i dont have the experience as some of the breeders on here do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom