The Diarrhea Saga Continues

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
Xion's taken the last of her parasite medication and still has diarrhea...it's REAL stinky and watery.
She's currently back to a 75w bulb since the 100w burnt out (gotta tell mom to not use temu lol) but the basking spot is up to temp (sometimes even gets to 112F, varies throughout the day) but she's had this issue for months.

I'm wondering if her diet isn't sitting well with her? It's changed up a few times but recently it's consistently been collard greens daily with a bit of yellow squash every few days.

I've seen shredded sweet potato recommended in another thread, though I've been told raw potatoes are toxic?

Solution
Xion's taken the last of her parasite medication and still has diarrhea...it's REAL stinky and watery.
She's currently back to a 75w bulb since the 100w burnt out (gotta tell mom to not use temu lol) but the basking spot is up to temp (sometimes even gets to 112F, varies throughout the day) but she's had this issue for months.

I'm wondering if her diet isn't sitting well with her? It's changed up a few times but recently it's consistently been collard greens daily with a bit of yellow squash every few days.

I've seen shredded sweet potato recommended in another thread, though I've been told raw potatoes are toxic?
Havent heard of the raw potatos being toxic-- I feed sweet potato shredded on top of salads - but its not fed...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Havent heard of the raw potatos being toxic-- I feed sweet potato shredded on top of salads - but its not fed every feeding- I would cut the squash out all together and add another green mixed - maybe some arugula -- change up the diet w/ greens and no squash if the dragon is still having diarrhea I am gonna say its the meds --

Solution

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Potato indeed when raw is mildly toxic at least to humans (as: tummy ache, not intensive care). But sweet potato is something different and not just "another potato variety". So raw sweet potato is fine :)

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
Potato indeed when raw is mildly toxic at least to humans (as: tummy ache, not intensive care). But sweet potato is something different and not just "another potato variety". So raw sweet potato is fine :)
I just looked it up and they're not even in the same family?! :oops: You learn something new everyday!
Gonna see about getting one to top her salads and see if it helps, not sure when my family's next grocery run is so I asked my grandma if she has a spare :ROFLMAO:

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
Ran right to it! This girl is a FIEND for anything bright orange. :LOL:

1711732060463.jpg

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
Very fast results! She pooped today and it had a semi-solid shape! Much easier to clean up, if only she didn't do it on her rock :LOL:

Thank you so much! How often should I feed her sweet potato?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Very fast results! She pooped today and it had a semi-solid shape! Much easier to clean up, if only she didn't do it on her rock :LOL:

Thank you so much! How often should I feed her sweet potato?
Chart says feed rarely and they have it cooked I feed raw -- its high in Vit A -- so maybe go once a week and watch her poops - too much may turn her urate orange -- just keep an eye on the poop

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom