Came home to this

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I know I was shook when I saw her! Eyes still sunken though.
I do not have that, I just looked it up and there were a bunch, is there anything specific you recommend that I can order? Amazon can have it in a day or 2 hopefully
Carnivore and herbivore- the stuff is thick you will need to really water it down if syringe feeding or you can use a spoon see if she will lick it off

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Carnivore and herbivore- the stuff is thick you will need to really water it down if syringe feeding or you can use a spoon see if she will lick it off
This is what I found on Amazon but would arrive on Monday, would that be too late or should I still order it? Also is this correct? There was no carnivore option

Attachments

• CD3CB93B-902C-49A8-9297-4FCA5B6F78B9.jpg
    CD3CB93B-902C-49A8-9297-4FCA5B6F78B9.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 46

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The one that is marketed for reptiles. I've never used it but it's prescribed by vets and quite a few people on the forums have used it . Maybe one of the owners that have used it can reach out and share their experience. It comes with directions of course, you mix with water and use a syringe to feed it with.
Thanks so much for the suggestion I’m sure this would be great given that she hasn’t eaten in a 6 days :( this was the only option i found + would deliver Monday

Attachments

• 4E55C4AC-E795-4641-A3EF-6EE28FF62DC7.jpg
    4E55C4AC-E795-4641-A3EF-6EE28FF62DC7.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 49

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm pretty sure, see what Karrie says. There's also the option of home made slurries where you mix veggies + other things in a blender.

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is what I found on Amazon but would arrive on Monday, would that be too late or should I still order it? Also is this correct? There was no carnivore option
I also have collard greens and kale in my fridge and a smoothie blender, should I try to blend that + dilute it with water and attempt to feed it to her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I also have collard greens and kale in my fridge and a smoothie blender, should I try to blend that + dilute it with water and attempt to feed it to her?
You can order that and feed the collards and kale turn it into.a slurry for her- you can add some of your insects but you won't be able to use that blender after adding those anymore

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You can order that and feed the collards and kale turn it into.a slurry for her- you can add some of your insects but you won't be able to use that blender after adding those anymore
Just did it - thank you! No bugs just kale & collards & water. She liked it. Just ordered the supplement as well

for the slurry, would i be able to refrigerate it and give it to her throughout the day? Or would I have to make new ones? And how often do you recommend I give it to her?
She just had 2 syringes, 1 ml each.

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just did it - thank you! No bugs just kale & collards & water. She liked it. Just ordered the supplement as well

for the slurry, would i be able to refrigerate it and give it to her throughout the day? Or would I have to make new ones? And how often do you recommend I give it to her?
She just had 2 syringes, 1 ml each.

Attachments

• 4C5572A6-D506-459C-916A-BEAA0BA1BAE8.jpeg
    4C5572A6-D506-459C-916A-BEAA0BA1BAE8.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 63
  • D12755B6-1473-4DE9-9671-B47C4A28AC3A.jpeg
    D12755B6-1473-4DE9-9671-B47C4A28AC3A.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 69
  • F459470B-62E1-4090-B20D-BEB57ABB2078.jpeg
    F459470B-62E1-4090-B20D-BEB57ABB2078.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 57

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would feed it to her 2 times per day - it should keep in the fridge and should last a few days-- is she taking it willingly? If she is see if she takes the lead and let her stop when she wants to

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, she slurped down her healthy smoothie already ! Just be very careful, don't want her to choke and just let her have that amount per day at first. If given too much she will probably have very loose green stools which isn't a problem except it makes a big mess. You can mix a little bit of it with the C. Care. when that arrives.

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I would feed it to her 2 times per day - it should keep in the fridge and should last a few days-- is she taking it willingly? If she is see if she takes the lead and let her stop when she wants to
Yes she’s been taking it willingly, i pull a little down her beard to insert the syringe a bit and once she tastes it she opens her mouth and finishes the whole thing biting it too

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow, she slurped down her healthy smoothie already ! Just be very careful, don't want her to choke and just let her have that amount per day at first. If given too much she will probably have very loose green stools which isn't a problem except it makes a big mess. You can mix a little bit of it with the C. Care. when that arrives.

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh I’m just theres a big mess incoming with all those fluids lol I’m not excited for it! Cleaning her tank is a nightmare for me I make sure its 100% clean so doesn’t lick or inhale anything thats not good for her
I will definitely add her C. Care when it arrives - wanted to make sure all these ingredients are safe? I noticed xanthax gum?

Attachments

• C9570AD4-82EE-4F2E-9733-9E870A46A8DB.jpg
    C9570AD4-82EE-4F2E-9733-9E870A46A8DB.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 55

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
U
Oh I’m just theres a big mess incoming with all those fluids lol I’m not excited for it! Cleaning her tank is a nightmare for me I make sure its 100% clean so doesn’t lick or inhale anything thats not good for her
I will definitely add her C. Care when it arrives - wanted to make sure all these ingredients are safe? I noticed xanthax gum?
Update! She just went up to bask :’) but lots of stress marks on her tummy - didn’t have that today/this week

Attachments

• DDB55081-4F93-41BD-9C43-3D75112DEA98.jpeg
    DDB55081-4F93-41BD-9C43-3D75112DEA98.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 55

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, that's great, she has the strength to climb up ! Those few stress marks are nothing. As for xantham gum, it's not harmful , plus this is not a food that Ivy will eat in large amounts or for a long time.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom