Bye, bye brumation! Pg 81 funny story and vid's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Most turtles I've seen (pet stores, mainly) pull their legs and head into their shell when I come to talk/see them. I noticed Mr. Turtle doesn't worry about such things. It's nice that he's soo used to people.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Barb- I LOVE Mr. Turtle!!! :love5: :love10: He has the cutest little smile! :D He is just adorable.

Sandy H :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your pics all turned out great Barbara, you have a great camera and a gerat eye. I love the looks when they focus up, hilarious. They all do it here and I tend to crack up when they do!

I really enjoy the glem in Mr. Turtle's eye, he looks very healthy. Guess your dragons will just have to get used to him!

Hugs
Deb

You're lucky, we may get 1 or two beardies up on any given day. Some I have to wake up if they ate, etc, you know the drill. So I keep a journal 'cause my memory isn't what it used to be :roll: I'm not whipped at all, I tell you!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks Katrina! I have no idea what my daughter calls/named him or if it's even a him for that matter. :lol:
He'd gone missing for about 6 weeks at my daughters apt complex...one day she opened the door and there he was looking up at her as if to say, "I've been waiting for you to let me in...it's about time...I'm hungry!"

If you ask me he's under weight Gina he doesn't have squishy legs :( at all they are all loose skin...I've not had a turtle since I was a little girl so I don't really remember much about them.

He seemed to be dehydrated as he's drank water like crazy the past several days. And in his baths he drinks the entire time
(10 to 15 minutes). He's eating well I think...but what is turtle poop suppose to look like?

Thanks Michele! :D I'm likin' Mr. Turtle too...he sure is nosey. :lol:

Thanks Dawn! :D Aiden likes him not as well as the beardies of course. :roll: :lol:

Thanks nair88! :D I think he's got a cute little beek. :lol:

Christine he will tuck in for a second at first, but he's pretty social. He's not in the least bit concerned about the furry animals or the beardies. He didn't even flinch when Checkers pecked at his shell. Bad Checkers! :twisted:

Thanks Sandy! :D I think he's pretty darn cute. :)

Thanks Deb! :D It's been really humid here for the past couple of days...can you say MUCKY? :bleick:
Zak-n-Wheezie don't do so well when it's humid. :( But at least they are spending lots of time basking with their mouths open.
Mr. Turtle likes the humidity, but me and the beardies sure don't. Flame is going to get woken up this morning whether he likes it or not. :lol: Blaze is shedding his head and left boobie so he's a grump. Itty Bitty is her normal fickled self. Piggy has been going for her morning nap a bit earlier and longer the past week. Ms. Tiggs is just being straight lazy...she's up just not moving. :lol: Pretty much the same with RD...they are still eating and awake just much lazier than normal. Checkers is spending more time in the ole dried up water dish so he's preparing to sleep too...but for now still getting up eating and pooping. Roux's only concerns are food which she definately put lots of it away.

Well off to hand out salads so I can get back to post some more pic's. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
fresnowitte":a17vmxen said:
If you ask me he's under weight Gina he doesn't have squishy legs :( at all they are all loose skin...I've not had a turtle since I was a little girl so I don't really remember much about them.

He seemed to be dehydrated as he's drank water like crazy the past several days. And in his baths he drinks the entire time
(10 to 15 minutes). He's eating well I think...but what is turtle poop suppose to look like?
I was going to say that but changed my mind because I didn't want to be rude.
Turtle poop doesn't look very different from beardie poop, but minus the white urate, at least that's what Buddy's look like.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Just dropping in to say....

ATT1932.gif

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Gina I would not have seen it as being rude if you were to have said he was sucked up. :wink: The truth is the truth! :(
However he seemed to be a bit dehydrated too...he's slowing down a bit now but he was chuggin' the water for a couple of weeks...he just couldn't get enough. He's eating really good so hopefully we can plump him up some.

Hi MaryAnn! :wave:
Thanks! :D He's quite the busy body. :lol:

Hello Dawn :wave: long time no see... :(
(psst sorry about not showing up to chat last Friday evening)

Gail

BD.org Addict
DSC04292.jpg

Look at that adorable squishy little face! I love box turtles, what a doll. I'd love to have one myself someday :love5: :love10:

fez09

Extreme Poster
What a sweet little face, he sure has a gleam in his eye! Have you got him a cuttlebone? Grimm really likes hers, I think it's good for their beaks too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom