ButterWorms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbodkin

Hatchling Member
I don't use them as a staple ... Using crix now with a colony of Dubia on the way to replace the crix ... My question is my little guy LOVES the butterwords ... How many a day is ok for him?

Here is a picture to get an idea of his size (12in)

DSCN3040.jpg

BennyBoy

Juvie Member
I'm not quite sure but like the person above me said they are supposed to be a treat. so about 5-8 ever week? something like that.

BennyBoy

Juvie Member
and that's for his size. I'm sure he could eat like. 10-14 ever week when he is an adult... right guys because I'm not 100% sure about this.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I was told that butterworms are a little fatty. For young dragons you can use them as a staple as long as you use another staple food. I feed Calypso 10 butterworms a day, along with her phoenix worms. But she is only 4 1/2 months old.

auntylolo

Extreme Poster
I have used butters as a staple, with no restrictions on the amount. They are a little more fatty than many other feeders but they also have loads of calcium in them. As with any food tho, if it is offered solely your dragon is likely to get sick of it, so variety is the key :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom