brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tontinos

i was wondering some questions about brumation. what should i do during my (future) beardies brumation? like shouuld i bathe and feed and what should i do???

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
It depends on the level of brumation your dragon goes to. Some just get lazier during the winter, some sleep on and off every couple of days, and still others go to sleep and don't wake up for months. If your dragon is awake at all, you want to continue with regular feeding, bathing and lighting schedules. If your dragon is sound asleep, not waking up at all, then there's no need to run the lights or offer food, just let him sleep. It's always a good idea to peek in and make sure that he looks okay - some dragons can become slightly dehydrated and if that's a worry you could wake your dragon up every couple of weeks for a bath and make sure he's dry again before letting him curl back up and go back to sleep.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Since Beardies can't sense heat from below, you shouldn't have a heat pad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom