Brumation???

doommig

So my bearded dragon is a female and is about 22 months old. She started this what I think is brumation around a little less than 2 months ago. She hasn.t had a appetite at all for those 2 months. She's been hiding for all those weeks in her cave or under her basking spot. But I have been weighing her about every week and I can say confidently that her weight has not changed really all that much. When it first started her weight was around 515 grams, now present day her weight is around 500 grams. so about a 15 gram lost in 2 months. Also to note during this "brumation" period I fed her some super worms and she ate them, about 4 of them but has not pooped them out. this was a month ago. So can I have any second opinions on weather this is brumation or not??? and what should I do?

Thank you, and btw I'm pretty sure her enclosure is set up ok because people already helped me with that aspect on here.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Definitely brumation if she has only lost 15g in 2 months of not eating.

I know it's scary, but it's what they've been doing for millennia. It's one of their smarter aspects that allowed them to survive all this time while other creatures failed.

One of my girls has been down for nearing 3 months now. One day you'll see her basking and you'll know she's hungry and ready to be done with her brumation :).

-Brandon

doommig

Original Poster
Hi there,

Definitely brumation if she has only lost 15g in 2 months of not eating.

I know it's scary, but it's what they've been doing for millennia. It's one of their smarter aspects that allowed them to survive all this time while other creatures failed.

One of my girls has been down for nearing 3 months now. One day you'll see her basking and you'll know she's hungry and ready to be done with her brumation :).

-Brandon
OK thank you lol ya its really scary but you've just lifted a huge worry off my shoulder lol, they just know how to worry us without realizing it haha

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom