Brumation Update.

Beardie name(s)
buddy
Buddy has been in brumation since September 30th, is when he officially stopped coming out of hiding, he hasn't come out since he moves every id say day or two sometimes up to 4 days, he doesnt like the light so i cover his box up, with a towel that only he uses, i know i shouldn't worry about him but i know they don't always go into brumation completely this is his first brumation so i'm trying to see if its normal for him to be sleep this long and what do i do when he wakes up and does come out. Thanks!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Buddy has been in brumation since September 30th, is when he officially stopped coming out of hiding, he hasn't come out since he moves every id say day or two sometimes up to 4 days, he doesnt like the light so i cover his box up, with a towel that only he uses, i know i shouldn't worry about him but i know they don't always go into brumation completely this is his first brumation so i'm trying to see if its normal for him to be sleep this long and what do i do when he wakes up and does come out. Thanks!!
When was he out last? Please pull him offer him water and check his weight-- did you get a weight on him before he went into brumation or know how much he was weighing at the time?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
So I take my boy out once a week to get a weight and offer some water. Most of the times he stays out for a couple of days after that.
If he doesn't loose weight you do not have to worry about him sleeping at all. If he sleeps over 4 months it might be time to try to trigger him out of brumation though.

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
When was he out last? Please pull him offer him water and check his weight-- did you get a weight on him before he went into brumation or know how much he was weighing at the time?
Okay will do! I'll update asap

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
Okay he weighs 1lb and 32 oz. He doesnt look like hes dropped an ounce since he went into brumation

Attachments

• 17002436782676341137478163460207.jpg
    17002436782676341137478163460207.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 17002437491036000553507697383235.jpg
    17002437491036000553507697383235.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 33

Leilani.n.buddy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
buddy
Okay small problem I dont wanna panic panic but like buddy isnt walking normally idk if its cuz hard stuff or whats going on maybe he is walking normal I'm probably just panicking but is this normal??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

His size looks the same so he is definitely maintaining his weight. Can you post a picture or video of him, walking, moving, etc since you mentioned that he was having some trouble walking? That would help out a lot.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom