Brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatieKat

Juvie Member
So, Kovu is super sleepy latley and STILL not eating, he hasn't eaten since Wednesday or Thursday. He is 4 months old, can he go into brumation at this age? If so, how long will this last? Its making me very nervous.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
4 Mnths is too young for them to brumate, Ive heard and seen them brumate at 9-11 Mnths but that is an exception to the rule, The generally start after they are adults as in over 12 mnths in age.

Can you give your husbandry specs so we can see if there isnt something else amiss

UVB (type and brand)
Temps basking spot?
Temps Cool side?
Feeders used?
Feeders offered how many and how regularly?
Are you using suplements (Calcium and vits)
How regularly?
Substrate used?
Has a fecal been done recently?

KatieKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
His UBV is ReptiSun 10 tube
Not sure about the temps, I don;t have my thermometer yet >< Working on it!
But I have a little thermometer from PetCo his cool side is 80 F
He is fed crickets only right now
I dust most of his crickets and have ReptiVite on his veggies which he still won't eat
He has a carpet liner substrate and he just usd the bathroom las night and its normal.

I've only gotten him to eat a little baby food :/

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
It wouldn't hurt to take him to the vet and see if he might have pin worms or something else. At that age he should not be in brumation. I would rule out worms before anything. Just my thought.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
I agreee, a vet vivit would be good.

Then the Temps are very important and can be a big reason he is not eating. Too cold will cause lethargy, no appetite etc.... Too Hot will also cause him to not bask havibg the same results.
Try to get a digi thermometer asap to correct the temps and have a fecal done to rule out parasite issues. Dragns hide illness well and by the time we really see symptoms diseases are often far advanced.

Also the calcium should be given 1 feeding per day for 5 days a week on live feeders and the vitamin on the other 2 days , also 1 feeding per day on live feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom