Brumation

Rayzncane

Beardie name(s)
Bettis
My guy is going in and out of Brumation. He will go in his hide for two to three days and then come out for a day or two. He eats when he is out but not like he usually would. He had been in his hide for three days and had not pooped and was getting concerned. He had his 4 super worms yesterday and two salads and was out this morning. He had his salad and then finally pooped but it doesn’t look like his normal poo. Picture attached should I be concerned?

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpeg
    IMG_3531.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 40

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
My guy is going in and out of Brumation. He will go in his hide for two to three days and then come out for a day or two. He eats when he is out but not like he usually would. He had been in his hide for three days and had not pooped and was getting concerned. He had his 4 super worms yesterday and two salads and was out this morning. He had his salad and then finally pooped but it doesn’t look like his normal poo. Picture attached should I be concerned?
What did you put in his salads? Do you often feed super worms or do you feed other worms to?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He's semi brumating- they can have off poops -- just keep.an eye on it

Rayzncane

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bettis
He only has super worms once a week and I have been giving him two or three bsfl on his salad with some bee pollen to encourage him to eat. His regular diet is salad in the morning bsfl daily for lunch another salad in the afternoon if he it’s it and crickets for dinner. He also gets veggies and fruits twice a week

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He only has super worms once a week and I have been giving him two or three bsfl on his salad with some bee pollen to encourage him to eat. His regular diet is salad in the morning bsfl daily for lunch another salad in the afternoon if he it’s it and crickets for dinner. He also gets veggies and fruits twice a week
How many BSFL are you feeding in a day -- 3 is not a lot --- not to sustain a dragon -how many crickets for dinner? How old is the dragon?

Rayzncane

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bettis
He is 16 months. He normally has 10-12 bsfl and any were from 12-20 lrg crickets daily. But his appetite has gone down since he has started his Brumation. Thus trying to entice him to eat with the bsfl on his salads

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He is 16 months. He normally has 10-12 bsfl and any were from 12-20 lrg crickets daily. But his appetite has gone down since he has started his Brumation. Thus trying to entice him to eat with the bsfl on his salads
It is normal for them to cut back on food this time of year -- keep a weight on him - kitchen food scale weigh in grams keep track of it -- he sounds like a normal dragon

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom