Brumation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

agates0523

Original Poster
EllenD":e592qgt5 said:
And just an FYI, UVB light doesn't penetrate glass at all, so sitting him in a window or having light coming through a glass lid, etc. will not provide any UVB light. If he was outside in the sunlight for a few hours and was active, then got lethargic and hid when put back on his tank, then yes, that's your issue most likely. And if he's outside, you want an area in direct sunlight and an area in shade, he'll move as he wants to. But he needs 12-14 hours of UVB light every day in his tank, and he's basically getting none when in his tank now, so I really think that's your issue.

Thank you very much for the insight! I will be going to the pet store tomorrow morning to get this. Assuming this is the issue, how long do you think I should expect it take to notice a behavior change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom