Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Was in the hospital from the 3rd to this afternoon. My stomach has been really really messed up. We thought it was gastroenteritis (stomach bug) turns out it wasn't. It was a worse bacterial infection in there. Really nasty one too had thrown up A LOT even blood! My stomach burned soo bad i was literally screaming in pain. Yelling and swearing all curse words! I swear it I was going to die...the worst SOB ever! I blacked out where I wasnt waking up a couple times and yes the doc confirmed if I didn't go in when I did...I would have...died. It was the worst near death exp ever had.

Luckily, the antibiotic worked through IV injection and it's cleared up mostly. Still taking antibiotic pill now stuff stays down. It's almost gone so Im on meds for the last of it. I was thinking OMG tumor...the pain was aweful the vomitting blood was absolutely terrible! The vomiting was so violent I tore up my throat (blood from here)...it's healing now though. Im doing better not 100% yet but getting there.

I was told Broly was fantastic for Tom. He ate, pooped, drank water from dropper and took supplements well. He didnt fight with Tom on anything. He even got a bath because he got pumpkin and hornworm guts on his beard. He's good will weigh tomorrow...but it might be lower as he has pooped almost all week. We feed he poops the next day in turn losing a few grams. Idk if he'll be 460+ grams but it would be awesome!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thanks Cooper.

Broly is 458g. Went up 1g from last week. It's something he's been going potty all week I'm lucky it's up at all. My throat is really sore from the infection getting inflammed and all. I'm to go in for a check up next week to see if my throat and stomach are ok. They suffered quite the ordeal. They're both hurting but not killing me. Broly still being quite a crap machine LOL which is fine. Time to stop giving pumpkin. Im trying not to cough as my throat is healing, Im coughing up blood but it's not a lot. Doc said that would happen. It should heal normal though.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Glad to hear that you are doing ok, i have had a couple near death calls too and know that they are not very fun. Have a good rest, pet the the dragon, and get better!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thanks Beardymama.

I hope you're ok too.

Broly's down...! Ah oh well it was fun. I weighed one last time (keep in mind he pooped every day last week and hardly eating) he's 455g he WAS 449g but I got him to eat a bit of pumpkin to up 6g and that's why he's 455 now. He was hungry he actually came out of the hide to eat pumpkin. He basked and went back to sleep. He was 458g last week so not a big drop. He's already been checked for parasites which I still have paranoia over but not insanely so. I offer salads of mustard and butternut which he eats a tiny amount and waste the rest but CRAZY for BSFL and dubia. I still have crickets so he gets like 6 of them sometimes. I bump the bin and if he's up he'll run out looking for bugs. Sometimes he's asleep and didn't hear the bin being bumped so I don't bother him. He finally finished shedding his lips and ears. Still has nose to go.

On to my update: my stomach and throat are 100% better and Im off antibiotics but still taking probiotics. Im lots better and back to taking care of my animals. My frogs, beardie and rodents.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Nothing much happening but all gifts are here.
No more trucks coming. It is the highlight of Broly's day when he's awake lookin outside. He's popcorn brumating. Today no food at all but should be stable but Im going to start taking weight once a month since it will be up or down depending what he's doing. My vet insisted we weigh once a month and see how he does till he fully wakes up. He'll lose some and gain some back if he eats. Doesn't look very skinny so Im not concerned but he feels light when I pick him up (bath or take water). Take note I offer food every day protein or veggies and I do take bugs out. I do not force him to eat i just leave it unless it's bugs. He has been sleeping under the light so if he does eat he basks all day..I have the hide but he sleeps on top of it. I guess he wants to stay warm instead of under a hide. He has not pooped this week only Friday the 16th. He's eating very very small amounts which could not be helping a poop come along. If he eats pumpkin he may be only pooping that LOL.

Just in case I don't get on Christmas weekend hope everyone will have a merry christmas and happy new year.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Health issues have come up. Broly is healthy as a horse.
Broly's been eating a lot lately two bowls of salad gone.
He eats bugs too he had some supers. He weighs 466g and will start once a month in January. My vet and vet fiancé called and has us scheduled April 17 for just a check up plus a fecal to make sure the parasites haven't shown up during winter. I doubt they showed up..but better safe than sorry. I have my own fecal test kit but it's better at the vets they know what theyre looking at. I know too but it's been 12 years since I checked on fecals. Im rusty I bet. So my fiancé's first time working at a real vet office starting March 21. He was doing practice at the school. He will be working with my current vet. It's a trial run before graduating in June then him and I get married. I need to get a picture its been hectic here with family sick and xmas and company over..Broly's been taken care of and the other animals.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
26EC04C1-D858-4076-8AD8-5ACAA86B765D_zps0xfu3q35.jpg

Heres a pic everyone! To be absolutely sure he is NOT skinny the light hits his back funny it's not his spine as some thought it was on another forum and got chewed out about neglect before even asking if it was his spine. I just thought I'd clear that up before someone gets the wrong idea. It's his spikes ok? Im still pissed off about that...?.

Anyway, I haven't been busy but been very tired lately and lazy as hell. I do all my chores but still it's hard when the body wants sleep. I did get my thyroid checked and it's not the thyroid. I don't sleep well so now I get stuff to help like the thing that helps sleep naturally melotonin i think. So it's not just any old sleeping pill. Broly clears two bowls of veggies/greens and bugs like 3-6 of them...before anyone gets on about that too thats all he wanted! Anyway the 14th is Broly's bday and finally 2 years old and full grown up. Jan 13 giving him an egg he likes it and he doesn't get it often. Nothing but snow storms and waiting for my t5 to arrive it should be tomorrow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, Kami, I've been off the computer, sick with ear virus, then throat virus, but better now. I'm so sorry to hear about your stomach issues, what an awful thing to happen to you! I'm so glad you got to the hospital and got the treatment you needed. I've been having stomach issues, too, have been throwing up since August, but no blood, just food eaten, so I've lost alot of weight. I'm down to 122 lbs, which is better health wise but what an awful way to lose weight. I've kept weight on now for 2 weeks, feels good to eat and have a bit more energy. I've also starting taking papaya enzymes and those pills work great and are not expensive. Even so, my doc says I'm not to lose any more weight. Guess it's time to get to the gym, too, I need to work on gaining some muscle. I had an MRI and I have osteoarthritis in my lower spine, getting another MRI in April for the rest of my spine to see if it is in there, too. That might explain the pain I get in my back and I think a rib keeps slipping a bit out of place near the nerve that affects the stomach, as this isn't the 1st time this has happened.

I'm just so glad you're feeling better! And Tom will be working with your vet, that's great news. I'm glad he was there to take care of Broly. Imp is so much like Broly, eats, poops and doesn't gain alot of weight, he's about the same weight as Broly is. He jumped out of his tank today, so he's now switched with Cierra as his tank was an inch lower than hers. I don't think he'll be able to get out of his tank now. :lol:

And Gabriel, even though his belly is getting bigger and bigger with the aneurysm is still going strong. He loves his Serrepeptase and gets very energetic, so he gets out in the am to run around the living room. He gets tired in the afternoon but he can see Imp, so they bob and black beard each other all day, so funny to watch! He's doing great, considering, eating ok and swims in his bath still. And loves to snuggle with me.

Castiel, Cierra and Nathaniel are all finally awake. Castiel brumated for 3 mo altogether and is now starting to have more energy. Nathaniel slept for 6 mo and so did Cierra, she's still kind of grumpy but is eating. I'm giving them all the mix I made for Imp to help them recover from their brumation and it's working great. Nice to have them all up, though.

Still have the grandkids over every weekend, but Eric has moved out with his new girlfriend, so I have my place to myself from Sunday to Friday now, which is great for both of us.

So hope 2017 means better health for you, Kami and can't wait to see wedding pictures! That's sure something to look forward to :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yeah, that was bad. Sorry to hear you've been throwing up since August. Hope the MRI shows good news. Glad to hear all dragons are up. Hows the geckos? Glad to hear Gabriel is doing well even with the aneurysm.

Broly has better BMs today. They were messy for a few days in a row and I was ready to run a fecal and prepare to get him out of semi brumation but it formed logs again so nevermind. He's staying asleep sort of. He doesn't want to miss anything so he stays awake most days and others hes down. I have lights on 8 hours a day while winter is still here and he has a hide so he has an option to sleep or warm up and bask. I'll go back to 14 hours when he stops semi brumating. This brumation wasnt too bad as he wasnt fully down. Tomorrow is Broly's special day! He's 2 years old! He's gettin apples and grapes for breakfast (mostly just veggies and bugs so Im changing it up) he's decided he doesn't like eggs anymore LOL. I have Repashy grub pie and veggie burger as his birthday cake of sorts. I do use it on occasion but not a bug replacement. He does like that so he'll love his slice of cake. He'll get cake aftet dinner of horns...the day will be "occasionally treat" items. Sunday we'll go back to staple foods. It's only one day and he doesn't eat much as a baby anyway so no worries it's not just total junk food. He eats one or two times a day so not many treats will be given.

Wedding pics I will try to get LOL he's camera shy but grins and bares it when wedding day comes. We're big fans of Friday the 13th movies! We want to get married on Jason Voorhees birthday (we know he's fictional character) and it's June 13...so thats our wedding day. We're weirdos we know! Plus Tom has a new baby beardie, named Kane. He's not mine and did not name him. He's a 6 month old male, leatherback weighs 289g and 15" long. Hes gonna get huge as the breeder said. Nicknamed Sugar Kane. Broly hates his brother...Kane loves him well loves to bother his older brother. We let Kane out and he goes to scratch Broly's glass and Broly stares at him like "do that again you nugget!" He scratches again, Broly gets up walks over and glares while flaring a black beard. Is Kane scared??! Noooo he isnt! He beards back just as black. Kane is Tom's baby. Named his dragon AFTER the actor that played Jason in part 7...as I said we're weirdos.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

He's eaten some grapes and squash. Apples as a snack later as we had none. Mom was at the store and he finished eating and full by then. Loved grapes thats for sure. He feels heavy so he's got some weight after BMing.
He's still crazy, i took him out 4x already...maybe starting spring fever early. I hope he calms down soon. Im going nuts I have other things to do.

I decided no apples too much sugar from fruits. Grapes has enough of that in itself.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He reminds me of Imp, I just moved him further upwards and he can look down and see Cierra, he goes nuts all the time. He can see Gabriel, too, and Gabriel can see Cierra, I haven't decided if I want to cover parts of Imp's tank so he can't see Cierra at least, same with Gabriel. Let the two boys see each other and leave Cierra alone. Even though Cierra is so intrigued by her reflection, that she stares at it alot during the day, ignoring the boys completely :lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Really? I see Vash in him. He has the colors of old man and the sitting on shoulder of Alucard. I don't walk around as hes a stunt guy. If I walk around I hold him in my hands. He's a good boy. I still can't believe he's 2 years old he was 1 and a half yesterday...

I suppose now I think about it, I see Imp in him too. He has an impish nature not at all a cuddler like old man and Alucard. I could cuddle Vash and Alucard all day but Broly doesn't really like doing that. He'll tolerate petting, he's more of a window guy. Now that he's 2 Im going to see if I can get him to like cuddles after all he's not too old. I hope he didn't set his ways yet. Wish me luck!

Oh and now thats hes full grown how much protein should he get? I kept doing 2 feeds a day of bugs and a salad. Still 20" long so maybe thats a final length Idk we'll see down the road. So yeah all I know is to get more salads going and less bugs now.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He should get as many bugs as he wants, because he's got some weight to gain still, like Imp.
And it's never too late to teach him how to snuggle!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Tbh, he's almost 500g and I know the body doesn't look it.
I think hes a very lean guy, he's not thin. He just ate most of the salad I will give silks, yesterday was roaches. He'll eat around 15 bugs. I have a working scale it's new I had one with Alucard and that one since died 3 mos ago. So I know it's not wrong, I tare and everything. I even double check.

He runs himself ragged too and this is always after a BM. I always clean it up. He'll calm down eventually...can't snuggle when he's insane.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom