Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I don't mind the pics Deb. I read your thread and that's sad to read about Gabriel. Kids are cute and I've read everything. Tara is terrible and Leo..that's what 3 year olds do. My nephew did that when he was younger. He's 6 years old now so if he lies he gets punishment. He's taken up skateboarding to help him sleep at night because he has too much energy. I do understand Leo needs to stop he's getting everyone in trouble.

Bruce: Those aren't my pics. I did post some not a lot. I will eventually..Im resting from my tonsillectomy..I got them out Nov 3.

As for Broly... He's still up and he'll be my first dragon to not brumate. I haven't been watching but I think he's sleeping between 3-5p. He'll stay asleep all night and wake up, eat, bask, and drink next morning. I will weigh him tomorrow and get on to tell you all if Im not tired and still not talking and eating strawberry ice cream (organic) and manuka honey on top. I also take a spoonful and then lick it up.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you're healing well Kami, keep up with the icecream and manuka honey. It's the only thing that will help.

I'm glad you don't mind if I post pics here sometimes.

Gabriel is getting heavier from the aneurysm, not sure if he's failing but he still gets up every day when the lights go on. Last week he was running around the living room for a bit, now he won't walk, so he gets snuggles instead. Not sure how much time he still has, he's not eating again so back to the mix.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Broly is 437g now. He eats a little salad mostly bugs and pumpkin he'll eat more of. Still might be because I had to use mustards. I don't know if he dislikes mustards but going to find out tomorrow. I made two days worth of salad with collards as the base. One salad has mango, watermelon and wheat grass. The other is endive, escarole, turnip and one green bell pepper. Take note I don't use the occasional items all the time. Sometimes it's just one of the greens by themselves or with sage and thyme. I've been still mostly out of it so the 11th and 12th sleeping. No worries, I got up to do my daily feedings and baths and what not. I've been taking care of myself such as showers, eat and drinking too. Eating ice cream and manuka honey. Been 10 days since the operation and Im not talking still. My Asperger's class has come to see me at my house (only 7 people). I can't be social with them. I use a dry erase board with them.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
I hope you feel better son, they still wont listen to me about mine, i get massive stones coming out of mine that will cause blockages that make it hard to swallow or breath for days at a time, and then the strep throat i get all the time! BUT they tell me they cant do anything about it....i am glad you found a doctor that took yours out.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Beardymama, I'm sorry to hear that your doc won't approve a tonsilectomy. That's why I got mine, they were infected. You need to TELL your doc that's what you need to stop being so sick. Good luck!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Beardymama: Terrible! They should listen to you. My doc insisted my mom was not having any of it. I had to get her to understand how bad it is to keep them and they're always ill. You're always sick and it's not fun. Im sorry about that but I have to agree with Deb they need to understand that they need to go if they're getting stones.

Deb: Im gettin better but I don't dare talk yet. I saw Castiel is up and Imp or is he still thinking about sleep? Well congrats with Castiel! I used to have a dog like Bella but she was viscous! She went to a better home though. We don't know why she was like that.

Broly: well eating less and basking less. He eats a little bit of salad. It was cold so he didn't want to bask at all. I had to make him at least an hour so his back end was by the light hope it was good enough. He was really eager to sleep on an off from 2p today. I think it's either time or almost. He hasn't pooped yet but he's eatin less of anything. I'll find out with bugs and pumpkin. He last pooped Nov 11 so not too long ago. I tried Mon but he was falling asleep so I got him out of the bath and dried then set him under the light to dry off more. He then ate then hid under the log...I was like why eat if you won't bask. Again, i had to make him though he wanted sleep. Should I stop offering food so he can sleep without the worry of bask? He really won't do it but he'll grab a few bites to eat. Temps are 104 and humidity is 25% it was really dry today though some rain outside. Just thought I'd throw in humidity..added a small dish of water went up to 40. Broly is being a turkey with food and not basking. Im being sneaky so he will bask without knowing it. LOL. I went on a 12 hour schedule now because well why not he's going down.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Castiel is back in his hide since yesterday morning, he hasn't eaten though, so I was ok with it. I checked this am, he opened his eyes, not sure if he's sleeping, will give him 1 more day, if he's still awake, I'll get him on his basking spot.

You can try not feeding him, even if he sleeps, he'll needs to do a last poop to get his digestive system empty. If he's like Imp and just wants to sleep for a few days, let him. Remove the food, turn the lights off and let him sleep. I never let Imp sleep for more than a week if he's not done his last poop. Give it a try, see what happens. If he doesn't sleep after 2 days, haul him out, put lights back on and see what he does. Some just don't get the hang of brumation.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thx Deb. He seemed sleepy yesterday also at the same time he seemed hungry.
Today he seemed more up as I was cleaning out the bugs. He went crazy! He was at the side where the bugs are just staring at them. Chased me around as I was rearranging my silks and roach bins. Crix stayed in the same place just cleaned everyone up. Dead bodies, poop and old food you know the deal..
Anyway, I felt bad not feeding as he chased the bins from his tank. I thought "ok, you're hungry." I fed him 6 silks, put in his blanket on the bottom of the tank. So far still under the light been almost an hour once it's 12:30. I fed 1130..he seemed hungry. I gave him calcium and water yesterday...he laid under the UVB so that was worth it. I gave just calcium today. Bath on Friday maybe he'll poop then. He needs to give his body AT LEAST an hour before sleeping. I'll get the other hour later when he's sleepy and won't move. Either way he gets his 2 hours even if they're split up over the course of the day. I knew it!!! The turkey he wouldn't do an hour well it's close enough he owes another hour later. Maybe pumpkin if he's up, gotta get that poop out. He acted so hungry chasing the bins. I think he's caught between hungry and wanting brumation. He wants both food and brumation only part...basking is no. How does he keep warm through brumation? Do I keep the CHE on? It's a low watt at least 60..does well keeping the tank at 79-80 at night. It's too cold to have no heat on. Also supplements..won't he get MBD with no uvb, cal or vit? Sorry I just don't actually get brumation since I did it wrong with Vash. I read the article..I should reread it again.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So yesterday was fun...NOT! Power outage for 20 minutes which wasnt bad but then internet went out after power came back on. I didnt bother updating between the two of them. Nothing happened anyway.

Broly still not sure what he wants. I gave him a bath and he pooped (soft urate). I don't have to worry about that now unless he eats. I leave everything up to him. I don't decide anything for him. Hes warming up right now after the bath i made him warm up/dry off. Water wasn't cool or cold just today it's chilly when you leave warm water. He got water yesterday. He gets 2.8ml worth just because he doesn't seem to drink more than that. At least it's fluids going in him. My oldest brother comes Monday so we have to spend family time with him. We dont live too far from him but he chose Monday and wants to spend his birthday week with us (Nov 26). Hes spending nights here too. If Broly seems up I will give a few small pieces of turkey. He didnt care for it last year. I won't give skin so no worries, the skin has the spices on it. Hes also 447g last I checked since he pooped he lost some of it. I gotta buy some T5 off Amazon the year is almost up but Im gonna buy 3 (I'll be good till 2019). Of course I'll buy more when Im on my last tube but thats 2019 when I should have to.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So Broly did not eat at all but today he took about 5 crix and went off to the cool area (72-80*). So he stayed there all day and slept on and off all day yesterday (was really really cold in the house). Today, sun is out still in the 50s, not good enough. He's up and ate so I guess I will give vit then. Water later if he's up. He had some yesterday and the day before. I can't imagine being dehydrated but I suppose I could give some if he's awake if not I guess I will skip it. In happy poop is out of him yesterday.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Broly is 453g! He still eats. Goes up and down with sleep. He will do business Friday for sure. Today, only and one time I saw Broly do a slight heave motion as if to cough or vomit. I didn't hear a cough or see vomit. He did this once before that was after I gave water and he must've drank too fast. That's the first time and water had to be the culprit also 1-2 months ago. This time, he ate, basked and 2 hours later the same motion from a couple months ago. Again nothing, he's not breathing hard or mucous. Seriously, the last thing I need is an RI RIGHT NOW!! I had my fiancé who's pretty much an exotic vet, check him over. He didn't hear anything and no black beard..at all ever during these 4 second episodes when he gets the motion then it doesn't come back for a while. It's only one time as well not throughout the day that I read with RI. I'm thinking maybe dust got caught or a gnat flew in or something. Whatever it was it BETTER NOT BE A RI!!! I paid xmas gifts for the family sooo yeeeaaah. He's fine, sleeping now no distress and humidity no higher than 49 at night but then I turn the CHE on so its always less than that. During the day it's 30-40 so it can't be humidity. He never black beards either like ever. I know I know set money aside..if we have to Tom will pay for Baytril or a nubelizer. But honestly he seems fine, I've been watching and keeping temps up even nighttime. So humidity and temps arent the issue which is very strange because it usually is. This is also not an every day occurance. It spreads out. It freaks me out every time though. I also know he can hide it very well if he were to be sick. We're keeping an eye on him and ears too. He still eats very very well. Doesn't sound sick to me..but hey not letting my gaurd down.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! Happy boxing day to my Canadain friends!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Nothing happened not even RI look alike problems. He opened his mouth when I picked him up. Idk what it was looked like he was licking his lips. He took water but didn't eat. There's a wind storm outside so that's probably it. He did come out and meet with everyone after I checked him over. He went to the window...so um he sounds good in health if he was interested in that. He seems fine still no distress signals. He's asleep so he probably won't have a tiny bit of turkey meat. He didn't eat either, again due to the windy weather.

Happy holidays!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Omgosh it's been a week. I went to see Dr Strange I thought it was good. Today cleared up and went Pokemon hunting.
I caught a Squirtle and Pikachu! Hell yes! Been trying to catch them forever! We mostly stayed in town for Thanksgiving. We're going to a Christmas light show in Shore Acres on Saturday night it's a bay and very cold at night! Kinda like being on the beach and windy combined with cold is...ow, your ears! I would get pics but the lights are bright that my camera can't pick them up. Im starting to talk again...not much though (to be safe went 4 weeks).
Broly: he's doing well ate crix and salad today. He's now 457g. Tomorrow bath (hasnt had one all week) hes been sleeping on and off but no energy to poop. I need him to go he still wakes up to eat and bask then off to sleep. Yes, before anyone asks he gets 2 hours after each meal to digest. I do syringe feed water so he gets water just no poop yet. Can you blame him! It's been cold he had energy to eat and bask but hasnt tried using the bathroom. Im not trying to say impacted because hes absolutely not. He's just lazy LOL. Im only offering food he chooses what he wants. It's either left alone (he has terribly lazy days) or he ate some. He's turning 2 yo January 14! Im probably throwing a few waxworms at him for his birthday. I mean few as in 4, that is...if he's awake. If not, he'll get a late gift. He's still in semi brumation.

Note: he's shedding around nose, lips and above his eyes and around the bottom of ears. He's really pissed off and tired at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom