Breeding Bearded Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Nemo":3smdg2ax said:
Atleast one good comment..haha

I dont have new pictures yet because my cameras dead but Im having a photo session tonight

Thanks

I hate to come off as rude yet again but dude it is EXTREMELY IRRESPONSIBLE to breed dragons that you do not know the detailed information of their genetic information. But good luck with your financial wakeup calls.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
If you could ask him I would.The basic reasoning behind knowing their lineage is of course first and foremost to avoid inbreeding and that cannot be determined based on appearances as clutches can and do contain a variety of charecteristics from time to time.There is another reason however, if you want to create a true line that is your own you must start with the basics of knowing the lineage and what the possible outcomes would be.There are certain genetic characteristics that a beardie may be het for which can be paired with another that is het for the same trait which will give you a % of babies that are visibly that morph.Really that is the best way to know what you are going to get.Also knowing if the lineage came from a healthy deformity free line ensures that you will be bringing healthy strong beardie into the world.We do not say these things to beat you down,we just want anyone who is considering breeding to be armed with the best possible knowledge thus creating brilliant healthy babies and keeping the beardie lines strong. :D

Nemo

Original Poster
Thank you guys for the comments.The email was just sent out.

Pictures tomorrow morning,the batteries on the charger and all the lizards are asleep right now haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom