Boodah,Crush,Gizmo,Princess n Mika! Updated 4/23 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we are still mourning our little Spike, he led us to our new luvbug, Boodah! I don't know if I am supposed to say, but we visited with Tom of TND Dragons today. He was wonderful and has the most beautiful dragons who are very well loved and cared for. Tom and his wife are so friendly and welcoming.

Here are the first pics of Boodah who is still settling in having just arrived home this afternoon. He weighed in at 14g today! More than double Spike! Boodah is wicked FAST and luvs jumping around his viv. He is extremely inquisitive and we can't wait until he's completely settled in and his full personality comes thru. Boodah is already very feisty and we are hopelessly head over heels in luv!

100_1911.jpg

100_1912.jpg

060.jpg

058.jpg

The kindness and generosity of everyone on this forum astounds me. It really is like a family here and I am so grateful for all of you. It's amazing how many wonderful friends I've made already. Thank you for your never-ending support during our trying times with Spike and for helping us welcome Boodah into our family.

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Oh Jane---I am so happy that you guys have your little Boodah so that you could see the fun and joyous side of being owned by a beardie!!! Boodah looks so good, and his colors are stunning already!!! Just wait...once he sheds, you will wonder if it is ever going to quit!!! Kiera has been shedding almost weekly it seems. As soon as one area finishes, seems like a new one starts. Right now it's her legs, and she is NOT a happy camper!!
Hugs to all of you!! Enjoy your little sweetheart!!
Cindy & Kiera

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Deb n Cindy: Thanks for ur support. I really appreciate it. Boodah is doing great so I guess I just need something to worry about so now it's shedding! I'm trying to relax n let things be what they r.

Boodah gained another gram, that's a total gain of 3g this week already! His appetite has been ravenous! Yesterday he ate over 36 3/8" crickets! It's too funny tho. Last nite My husband n I had an activity at school w/our youngest so I wasn't here for snuggles w/Boodah. My son knew what to do but I couldn't wait to get home to see him. He opened his little eyes n looked at me when I got home n then he snuggled back in n went back to sleep. He is just too sweet. Oh, n I had Boodah in my daughter's room with a bunch of her webkinz n he kept climbing on the valentine's frog so we've now added that to his play yard.
Here r a few pics from today:
MY new luv frog (not Emily's-MINE)
001-2.jpg

Check out my sexy leg:
003-2.jpg

Hunting crickets:
004-2.jpg

Hanging out on my bd.org teddy:
007-2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
awwwwww!!! I love the pic of him on the frog!! I love all his pics, but that one is really sweet!! he is turing you all into a good beardie slave...what's yours is his, and what's his is his!!! LOL!!

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Jane,
He looks awesome and I can tell you gys are having a great time with him. Arent they just the best? I have always liked them, but you cant truly appreciate them till you own one. Have you been writing down his measurements and weights? It's fun to go back months later and look at them. The only thing now I wish I had done was take a pic at every weighin and posted the weight and length on each pic, then it would be a photo archive of weigh ins.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:D :D Missy, that sounds like a good idea. I did keep all the records, but never thought to take pics when measuring. That would truly make a great book for everydragon.

Jane, Boodah is so cute, he's going to be a long dragon, like Rubio. When they all get together again, Rubio will have to take Boodah under his wing. Right now Rubio is trying to jump out of his 75 gallon tank, with 2' tall walls. He does this for hours every day, sure gives him great exercise, so I don't interfere!

Boodah's going to have alot of colour as he grows and sheds, and don't worry about sheds, as long as he's eating as much as he can, his skin will start to stretch and when it's too big, the shedding process starts. Can't make it work any faster. How much is baby Boodah eating a day, now. He's getting into the big growth spurt, by 4 mo, he'll be eating you out of house & home, more than now. It's alot of fun to see how he's growing, we should start a wager, on how big he'll be at 5 mo. If he's like Rubio and Issy, he'll start black bearding; that's when Rubio started black bearding and flirting with Issy and she arm waved back, that's how I got that photo in my sig. I got the shot just right with her arm in the air.

I think it's a great idea for you Jane to keep a journal to keep track in weight and length + reference a picture taken at that time. A baby book, so to speak, for Boodah. I have all their measurements, but I didn't keep track of pics, so I'll have to go back & check which pics go with which stage and note them.

HUGS to you guys from us guys :D :D

Deb and my dragons, all of which are up.

Issy has taken a liking to Leo, and Sweetie lay around 20 eggs yesterday morning. As usual Roger helped Sweetie tamp down the top of the soil after eggs were laid & buried. The first time Sweetie lay eggs, it took her 2 hours to tamp down the surface of the lay box. Roger started helping her the 2nd time she lay, that was in 2008. Sweetie inspects each area Roger does very carefully, then gives her approval, they do that for the whole top. Then, if I'm home, I give Sweetie a nice warm bath, otherwise Roger takes care of it, give her some liquid calcium and food if she wants, then back in her tank for a big warming up. Then lots of sleep and today she'll eat tons of food. It's hilariuos to watch, this big guy being inespected by a dragon :roll: :wink:

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy: Thanks for always checking in on my little baby. :) I think I read somewhere that u have a new little one, rite? Cali, I think. I have to look for her thread.

Deb: I m so glad Leo is making friends n settling rite in. Isn't Issy a cutie? :wink: Taking a liking to Leo like that? I LUV her pic where she's arm waving. U weren't kidding when u said Sweetie's an egg laying machine! 20 more eggs? That's too funny about her inspecting Roger's work! That's really sweet that she lets him help tho. Do they ever go back to look for the eggs after they lay them?

Missy: I luv the idea of the pics w/measurements. I m going to start doing this today. Did u decide ona new baby from Tom? I hope u did. Oh, n I luv Mushu's pics w/the black beard!

Ok guys. So I have great news! Boodah started to shed! I woke up this morning to find his back rite leg in full shed! YAY BOODAH! I m SO relieved! :blob8: Ok, so now I can stop driving myself crazy. So, I m wondering about something. When Boodah went for his check up the vet gave him his first injection of panacur. His fecal came back negative but I m supposed to bring him back next wk for his second injection. Does he need it? Should I still let them give it to him? Just curious what u guys would do or have done. Thanks! New pics later today.

crickest

Juvie Member
Jane - to answer the question about the panacur . . . do you give your kids medicine if they aren't sick? Panacur's not like a vaccine, so I wouldn't do it. Just my opinion. I try to be as natural as possible and giving unnecessary medicine just isn't in my book.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Yay for shed!!
Wanted to give you a tip of something that we used to do. On the 28th day of every month (pick a day, as long as it isnt past 28th) and we took a picture on the same background at the same distance. It was amazing to see how much they grow from month to month.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
jane
if his fecal came back negative why are they giving him panacur?????? was it a low negative maybe and he just wants to clear everything out? Honestly, I wouldn't give the panacur unless his fecal was postive.
Yeah on Boodah's shed. Hermes had his first shed in about 6 months the other day and is about to shed 1/2 of one arm and the other half of the other arm
Julianne

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok, so I won't do the second injection of Panacur. I didn't think he needed it but I wanted to make sure.

Crickest: I FINALLY posted Boodah's bio on the blog yesterday. I m going to do his first post tonite. Bet u thought this day would never come!

Jiffy: That's a great idea about the same day each month taking the pics. I'm going to do that starting tonite.

Julianne: The first dose was prophylactic n we scheduled the second dose before the results were in. I m going to cx his appt for the 2nd dose.

Here r some new pics:
Boodah luvs his Buddah
010-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

I'm too sexy for my leg: If u look closely, u can see he shed from the knee (?) down on his back leg.
022.jpg

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Jane so glad to hear he is starting to shed. His pics are too cute as usual. He has the sweetest face. Was wondering if you would post a pic of hsi whole paypen hubby made. Thinking about having hubby build one for Mushu and Cosmo so they can have more time out and down rather than me just holding them. Cause of the dogs.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Missy: I will post one first thing tomorrow. Boodah's already asleep so the lites r out in that room. It really has come in handy for the exact reason u said. Our lab alerts n focuses on Boodah when he runs around. She would never inte tionally hurt him but I don't want to take any chances.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Missy: Here are a few pics of Boodah's play yard. We used finished pine but any finished wood would work. I measured the yard this morning n it is 3' x 3' x 9". I'm sure he will out grow it but we just threw it together w/wood we had here n will make another after we r finished his new enclosure. Boodah's too funny to watch him play n explore. He loves to climb up the branch, run across the shoe box n jump onto his Buddah statue. On the left hand side is Boodah's bathroom. No matter what, he always goes into the plant there to poo! I just ordered a Mega-Ray to use w/his play yard since he luvs to spend so much time in there. His entire right leg has now shed n his appetite is endless!

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom