Boodah,Crush,Gizmo,Princess n Mika! Updated 4/23 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we are still mourning our little Spike, he led us to our new luvbug, Boodah! I don't know if I am supposed to say, but we visited with Tom of TND Dragons today. He was wonderful and has the most beautiful dragons who are very well loved and cared for. Tom and his wife are so friendly and welcoming.

Here are the first pics of Boodah who is still settling in having just arrived home this afternoon. He weighed in at 14g today! More than double Spike! Boodah is wicked FAST and luvs jumping around his viv. He is extremely inquisitive and we can't wait until he's completely settled in and his full personality comes thru. Boodah is already very feisty and we are hopelessly head over heels in luv!

100_1911.jpg

100_1912.jpg

060.jpg

058.jpg

The kindness and generosity of everyone on this forum astounds me. It really is like a family here and I am so grateful for all of you. It's amazing how many wonderful friends I've made already. Thank you for your never-ending support during our trying times with Spike and for helping us welcome Boodah into our family.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jane, Boodah is such a cutie & I love the play area, isn't he a lucky boy! You've got it well organized, he's got lots to jump around on, I bet he's a happy beardie. He's really growing fast, glad he's starting the shedding, proves he's growing. Such good pics, thanks for sharing!

Deb

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
jane
Love his playyard! And so funny that he goes poo in the plant in his playyard! He is growing so nice and looks so happy! I bet you (& your family) are thrilled to finally have a healthy bearded dragon. When we decide to get another one, i will definitely be seeing Tom. ;-)

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb n Julianne! I think he's happy. They way we dote on him, I couldn't imagine he wouldn't be! He is very spoiled but so r my kids n dogs! Now I know y everyone calls them poopers! With as much as Boodah is eating, he poops at least 2-3x/day n it is 3x's the size of Spike's! I can't imagine how big it will get! Also, just noticed that a new leg is shedding! Woo hoo!

Julianne: Does Hermes have a thread? I haven't seen one. I'm still looking for the pics w/the rabbit!

Deb: I didn't know Lonzo had lost 100g. I hope he's doing okay for u. Please keep me posted.

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Jane thanks so much for posting the pics of the playyard. AS soon as hubby is feeling better I am gonna get him to make Cosmo one. Mushu is still brumating and hates me to wake him for his baths but the play yard will be a wonderful option when Cosmo is going cage crazy. Your family sounds as spoiled as mine, we have 2 dragons, 3 dogs 2 guinea pigs(my daughters) and 1 cat(my sons) Everyone is very spoiled and the critters all ahve thier own scrapbooks.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
When we got up today, Boodah was still asleep! He was still all wrapped up in his woobie. I peeked in at him n he was NOT happy to see me!. He crawled deeper into the woobie n closed his eyes! When he finally came out, the other three legs r in full shed! Oh my, he is cranky today! So far he won't sit for his pic w/the tape measure. I'll wait until later when he's sleepy n try again!

Here r a few pics from last nite n today plus a little video of his bath. (Please ignore annoying baby talk! lol)

023-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

002-4.jpg

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Jane love the pics and bath time at your house is fun. At my house its me and the dragons and all I do is hang over the sink and talk to them. REminds me I need to post Mushus bath pics from today he was not happy.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Missy. I get bored pretty easily so I try to entertain myself :lol:

So, Boodah wouldn't cooperate for measurement pics but he measured at 8 1/4" and 21g! Go Boodah! I'm gonna have to get a part time job to feed him!

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So Boodah went to bed early yesterday n got up early today but he wouldn't eat. I could tell he was cranky but he had alot of fun in his bath. He jumped right off my hand into the water! Then he swam around n around including putting his head under the water! I think he would like more water for swimming but I'm too afraid to give him anymore. This morning he was starting to shed the blue dot above his tail. When I came back from running errands, Boodah's back n belly were shedding all over! I tried to get some pics but my camera isn't the greatest. Finally he gave in and gobbled down 15 crickets.

Here's my cutie: (Sorry some r blurry, my son took them but u can still see the shed)
006-3.jpg

028.jpg

036-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

040-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

052-1.jpg

Doesn't he look happy? LOL. On a sad note, :cry: I stopped in a local pet store to peek at the beardies (I know, I m a glutton for punishment) and not only did they have 8 adults in 40 gal tank, with no uvb or heat (aside from an under the tank heater) but there was a juvie DEAD in the right front corner! He was clearly deceased n not recently. His eyes were sunken in, his back was turning black from decomposition n he was stuck in the position he passed in (with his beard pressed against the glass). :cry: I was furious. It's a long story n I read the owner the riot act. :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: For what it's worth, I reported them to the humane officer in my county. Poor baby, never had a chance.

zizzee

Hatchling Member
Omg! That's horrible to hear that about the juvie. Glad you reported it though! People wouldnt keep 8 dogs in the same cage so why do it with beardies? :banghead: I don't get it!

But anyway, Boodah is lookin' quite cranky while shedding :p

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Boodah Belly!!

Iz me, Kiera here!! Hey...yer mama says you have the crankies cuz' you iz sheddin'...well, I iz sheddin' again too, and I not be's happy 'bout it neither!! So you go ahead and be's all the cranky you wants cuz dis sheddin' be's no fun!!!
Mine isn't all coming loose yet like yers is, so I iz really not happy!!! Mama gaved me two baths today, and she brushed me with my speshul green brush. Does yer mama know 'bout the special green brush? Cuz' it feels really good, and you would like it too I bet!!
mama says the speshul green brush is a teething brush for babies so it be's very soft cuz' for babies it has to be. Oh...wait...she says it is a toothbrush for babies!!
ok...well I gotta go...mama says it her turn to be on the 'puter. See you at Dragon Tales!!
Hugs and Bugs...
Kiera

surgerising

Hatchling Member
yehaw!!!!! the baby is shedding. Thats so awesome. I am sure you will relax now. We have found with our 2 that the days prior to and a day after a big shed they are really sensative and prefer to just run around as oposed to being held. I guess the new skin is a bit tender for the first day. Or my boys are just odd.....LOL
Anyway congrats, he looks awesome.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zizzee":62a3e said:
Omg! That's horrible to hear that about the juvie. Glad you reported it though! People wouldnt keep 8 dogs in the same cage so why do it with beardies? :banghead: I don't get it!

But anyway, Boodah is lookin' quite cranky while shedding :p

Yeah, he's not his usual happy self but thank God he seems to be shedding quickly. When he went to bed he looked like he had a lion's mane the way the shed is hanging off his beard! :lol: Hopefully the head will go quick like the rest.

Kiera: Thx for checking in n Boodah says he hopes ur shed goes quickly n he wants me to get him a special "teething brush" first thing tomorrow! I heard u r getting dubias soon. Make sure u let us know how it goes!

Missy: Ur rite, I can relax now n stop worrying. Well-knowing me I'll find something else to worry about! Thx for the advice, I'll keep an eye on Boodah in case he doesn't want to be held. I hope Mushu takes off his grumpy pants soon!

I saw Boodah arm wave for the first time today. Actually, he did it a bunch of times today. I wonder y all of a sudden he's doing it a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom