Blood in beardie's poop(i think)

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Ok so for my lighting, I use Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp, 150w(I've had less wattage once but since my tank is 40 gal it woul barely heat anything up) and then for my UVB it's the long tube one, Reptisun, 24w 22"/ T5 HO/10.0 UVB. And the basking spot lamp is a ceramic dome.

Ok so for the lighting I use Repti Basking Spot Lamp

Ok so the lighting: Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot Lamp 150w (in the beginning I had a lower wattage but it would barely heat anything up in the 40 gal tank) and for UVB-Reptisun 24w 22"/T5 HO/10.0 UVB
Btw I'm new to this site and it's being finicky so that's why I have a double post about the lighting 🙃🙃

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Btw I'm new to this site and it's being finicky so that's why I have a double post about the lighting 🙃🙃
So your getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? Your screen on the tank is a fine mesh or a wide hole type? This is going to determine where that UVB needs to be placed and distanced - how old is the UVB bulb

Beardie name(s)
Diamond
I'm about to go to work so I will post lighting details more in depth then! :) Thank you for your input, by the way, what do you think about pheonix worms? And where can I buy the insects your referencing? Thanks
Pet bazaar is a good place, the horn worms and a few other things are on the pricey side but are always plump and healthy and good quality
You can get about 100 or more super worms for like $12 and they have great logs, rocks ,decorations, lights, supplements and other things for snakes and fish

Beardie name(s)
Diamond
Pet bazaar is a good place, the horn worms and a few other things are on the pricey side but are always plump and healthy and good quality
You can get about 100 or more super worms for like $12 and they have great logs, rocks ,decorations, lights, supplements and other things for snakes and fish
I don’t think they have phoenix worms or duba because the one near me is in Florida, they do have feeder roaches tho

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you live in Florida you can get discoid roaches -- there is a place called Luna roaches that sell them

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
So your getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer? Your screen on the tank is a fine mesh or a wide hole type? This is going to determine where that UVB needs to be placed and distanced - how old is the UVB bulb
The UVB is from 3/15/23, that's the date I wrote down for its when I got it and started using it. I'm pretty sure it's a fine mesh, I will send a pic to make sure and I will send a pic of the thermometer, it is digital.

Attachments

• 20230527_165934.jpg
    20230527_165934.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230527_165930.jpg
    20230527_165930.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The UVB is from 3/15/23, that's the date I wrote down for its when I got it and started using it. I'm pretty sure it's a fine mesh, I will send a pic to make sure and I will send a pic of the thermometer, it is digital.
Thats a wide hole type -- it can stay on top directly above a piece of basking decor 8-10 inches-- the digital does not have a probe on it - you want two of these or similar to
ZOO MED Digital Thermometer - Chewy.com
Most of your pet stores carry these

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Thats a wide hole type -- it can stay on top directly above a piece of basking decor 8-10 inches-- the digital does not have a probe on it - you want two of these or similar to
ZOO MED Digital Thermometer - Chewy.com
Most of your pet stores carry these
Ok awesome, so right now I just got home from work and I have not fed him yet(and he hasnt pooped today yet..usually he poops not long after eating), on work days where I get home late this is the time I feed him. I'm not sure what to give him because I only have mealworms. I'm gonna give him a salad right now but I'm thinking of stopping by the pet store and getting crickets for now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok awesome, so right now I just got home from work and I have not fed him yet(and he hasnt pooped today yet..usually he poops not long after eating), on work days where I get home late this is the time I feed him. I'm not sure what to give him because I only have mealworms. I'm gonna give him a salad right now but I'm thinking of stopping by the pet store and getting crickets for now.
Crickets are fine -- I would look at getting insects on line they are going to be cheaper -- crickets dont travel very well either -- the roaches are going to be your best insect feeder -- if your in Florida I posted a website for discoid roaches -

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Crickets are fine -- I would look at getting insects on line they are going to be cheaper -- crickets dont travel very well either -- the roaches are going to be your best insect feeder -- if your in Florida I posted a website for discoid roaches -
Ok ill look into it for sure, I ordered pheonix worms that should get here soon so just in the meantime im gonna get the crickets for today...I hope he poops soon so I can see if it still looks red/blood like. I'll keep u updated. Btw thank you so so much for all your help, I've learned so much in this little time and I wish I had known about this site sooner! 😊 Because for the longest time I was lost and I would try to do research for my beardie and it was just constant contradictions and so confusing.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok ill look into it for sure, I ordered pheonix worms that should get here soon so just in the meantime im gonna get the crickets for today...I hope he poops soon so I can see if it still looks red/blood like. I'll keep u updated. Btw thank you so so much for all your help, I've learned so much in this little time and I wish I had known about this site sooner! 😊 Because for the longest time I was lost and I would try to do research for my beardie and it was just constant contradictions and so confusing.
Getting your UVB properly placed and distanced w/ correct surface basking temps should straighten out his poop --

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Getting your UVB properly placed and distanced w/ correct surface basking temps should straighten out his poop --
Ok, so do you think there's an issue with where my UVB is placed now? He usually will go on the wooden stick in his tank and get underneath the uvb or on his rock.

Attachments

• 20230527_181650.jpg
    20230527_181650.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230527_181640.jpg
    20230527_181640.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 50

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks great there. Is he enjoying his light? I agree, that screen is not real fine so he should be
getting adequate UVB coverage through the screen top.
How is his eating?
I'm glad that he is doing better!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom