Blood in beardie's poop(i think)

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
This could be why he's glass surfing so much - try setting him on the back of a couch or chair in front of a window
Sorry I'm a bit confused? So the size of the tank might be the issue? And what do u mean by setting him down on those areas, what might that do. And I will try it out for sure. I have taken him on to the couch in my house before and then he will eventually start wondering around the house.

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu

Attachments

• 20230611_171544.jpg
    20230611_171544.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry I'm a bit confused? So the size of the tank might be the issue? And what do u mean by setting him down on those areas, what might that do. And I will try it out for sure. I have taken him on to the couch in my house before and then he will eventually start wondering around the house.
Dragons will out grow the tank-- so if he's feeling cramped they will glass surf- they like looking out windows - optimal size for a adult dragon is a 4x2x2 or 120 gallon

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Dragons will out grow the tank-- so if he's feeling cramped they will glass surf- they like looking out windows - optimal size for a adult dragon is a 4x2x2 or 120 gallon
Alright, I'm going to try and save up for one or find one with a payment plan, I'm so broke :(. Looking back I should've become more well versed in taking care of a bearded dragon before I took one on, financially at least, I didn't realize and that's totally my fault. But I can't just watch him not be happy. Do you have any links to good ones or recommendations? Ty.

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Also this is off topic, how much time does he need with his lights on. Currently his schedule is 8am-8pm but I'm getting a new job and my schedule is going to change where I will need to feed him around 6:30 am before i go to work, so I wanted to know if I change his light schedule to start at 6am, what time is a good time for them to go off. Online it said that in summer time 14 hrs is good but idk if that's too much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Also this is off topic, how much time does he need with his lights on. Currently his schedule is 8am-8pm but I'm getting a new job and my schedule is going to change where I will need to feed him around 6:30 am before i go to work, so I wanted to know if I change his light schedule to start at 6am, what time is a good time for them to go off. Online it said that in summer time 14 hrs is good but idk if that's too much.
14 hrs is fine- PetSmart has payment plans

BrieBrie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
14 hrs is fine- PetSmart has payment plans
Ok, I'll take a look. Btw is it normal for him to get dark when I take him out on my house or put him near the window? Like maybe just because he's not used to it. I'm sorry to keep asking questions btw, I just want to make sure I'm doing what I can for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok, I'll take a look. Btw is it normal for him to get dark when I take him out on my house or put him near the window? Like maybe just because he's not used to it. I'm sorry to keep asking questions btw, I just want to make sure I'm doing what I can for him.
If he's in the sun he's absorbing heat

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom