Black Bearded Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yeah, no luck getting anything out of Australia as already stated. They are riveting & exquisite I know, very different.
There is possibly some stock in Europe but, finding it is extremely difficult & would be costly.
Most of the German giants have residual blood line in them but Vitticeps is dominant when it is continually bred with Barbata so the bloodline gets watered down. That is why most of the physical characteristics are so watered down but you can still find some darker looking dragons around but they wont display any extra spikes or rows as the Barbata exhibits.
My dream is to move to Australia if the economy was better but maybe in my second life! :D

Tracie

Croc19

I live in Australia and I have these guys running around in my back yard at times. They are not normally this dark in colour. They are more of a dark Gray.
I have a Central Bearded Dragon myself as I think they are prettier.
Just to get George as an Australian Citizen, I had to obtain a wildlife carers permit to keep him which involved an online test.
Australia is extremely careful with their animals and plants as we are such a remote island and our wildlife has progressed so differently to other parts of the world. I think it makes us kinda special in a way. :D

But I did locate some Australian government sites that may give you a head start in looking into this further.

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/export/live-animals

http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/trade-use/

foto69man

Hatchling Member
Awesome...thanks for the links, i plan on doing some light reading today :study: :study: :study:

So have you actually seen any that black in the wild, or is kinda a rarity? Just curious

Croc19

I have seen one that dark, but that was up further north in Queensland. Around here they are just mostly dark gray. I think the one pictured is just a tad annoyed so his colour is darker for that reason.
I get some weird comments from people sometimes when i talk about my baby, as they dont think of them as anything special. I was told by one person that i was stupid to pay money for a bearded dragon when i could just look after the local ones. But to keep one in capitivity without a permit is illegal.
My backyard reguarly has gecko's, blue tongue skinks, and other little skinks and lizards that i dont know the name of. Thankfully i havent seen any snakes lately, as most of the ones we see are not that safe.

foto69man

Hatchling Member
Could i possibly beg you to take some pics of the ones in your backyard and post them up here??? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...? :roll: :blob5: :roll: :blob8: :roll: :blob5: :roll:

spyder79

Extreme Poster
the 3rd picture in this link is a awesome example of what bloodbank can produce in the way of orange/black dragons
[ Invalid URL Removed / p=847329 t=107873 f=2 ]

foto69man

Hatchling Member
spyder79":645b1 said:
the 3rd picture in this link is a awesome example of what bloodbank can produce in the way of orange/black dragons
[ Invalid URL Removed / p=847329 t=107873 f=2 ]

This guy is pretty bad@$$ if you ask me...thanks for the link...and just imagine if there was just a smidge more black. i'm drooling................... :p

P1010213.jpg

Kelcifer

Hatchling Member
Apostolos is from bloodbanks and when he gets fired up and excited or feeling flashy he turns black and purple. but when relaxed turns yellowish grey. i think i have some pics on my photo bucket account kelcifersdragons if you wanted to check him out. he's getting fat! i have to update pictures of him for every one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom