Bitten by the beardie bug and now....welll.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Welcome to the addicting world of Beardies. Your new baby reminds me of Goldie Speedy, we lost on at the end of July of 2012. :( we still miss her (and all the other girls we've lost over the years)

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Our beardie has settled in nicely. We have named her Izzy Lu. She is so tame and extremely friendly!!

She has a hearty cricket appetite. Thank goodness I found a local shop that sells crickets 25 for a buck!! PetSmart was getting too expensive for my wallet!!

My 20 year old LOVES her. She takes her out every night to "hang out" with her. She falls asleep in my daughters hair just about every night. I'm so happy we got a tame baby.

She went thru a shed and I was NERVOUS about that whole thing. Izzy Lu did great removing the skin on her own by rubbing on her branches. I gave daily baths to help but it was no problem.

When we got her she was 10 1/2 inches. She is now 12 1/2 inches and I think quite a beauty.

Thanks again for all your help here!!!

-Julie

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Izzy Lu is so calm. The cat doesn't bother her at all and in fact is quite curious about her. We allow them access to each other under close two person supervision......just in case.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":2dntm500 said:
I love the beardie head tilt as well - so endearing and adorable!

It is! When I first saw her do that I melted! I swear she knows what I'm saying! She freezes, and tilts when I speak to her!

She is such a great pet. Wish I would've gotten a beardie for my kids when they were little instead of the hamsters, fish, etc.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Love the name Izzy Lu. She is really pretty. The beardie personalities are unlike anything I imagined they would be.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
[*]
Brezzy99":2lf3vfpt said:
Love the name Izzy Lu. She is really pretty. The beardie personalities are unlike anything I imagined they would be.

Thank you!! We liked Izzy and my daughter liked LuLu so she became Izzy Lu!!

Her personality is great! Having never owned a reptile I was nervous about aggression etc. I was a bit timid but found I didn't need to be with her. I love when she flattens out in my hand and tries to bury her head there in the evening to fall asleep. I guess that shows how comfortable she is being held.

I just wish she would eat more greens. She goes thru 50 or so crickets a day....maybe more. She really only eats her greens if we hand feed them to her. Yup....she is already spoiled!! :)

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I stopped calling it spoiled and started calling it bonding! I bond with both of mine. I am lucky that Spyro, my 5 month old beardie, loves veggies. Try feeding veggies an hour before live food. That's how Spyro started eating his.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Brezzy99":1d1utj5v said:
I stopped calling it spoiled and started calling it bonding! I bond with both of mine. I am lucky that Spyro, my 5 month old beardie, loves veggies. Try feeding veggies an hour before live food. That's how Spyro started eating his.

Bonding.......PERFECT!!!! Trying your idea this morning. Hope she starts eating those veggies!! Thank you!

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It didn't work but I will keep trying. It's not that she doesn't like her greens, she wants to be hand fed. I hoping in a week or so things will change.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
It took a few days for mine to do it. Spyro tore his salad up this morning. I added his favorite fruit, which is mango. I hide it on the bottom so he eats his greens first. This morning he slung his greens everywhere and ate only the mango! Hand feeding is good bonding though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom