Big toe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatoofoit

Original Poster
My Bearded dragons toe has been fat for over 3 weeks appears to be growing I don't know if its stuck shed or sprained. Hes 1 he eats and poops fine has a bath every other day..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post some photos of it? If you see signs of shedding around the foot, it may be related to that. They temporarily swell their toes to loosen shedding skin. It may also be a wound or gout though, so if you don't see signs of shedding it may be a good idea to have a vet check it out.

Whatoofoit

Original Poster
What do you think? Also looks like the rest of his body is having some shed but not sure how long it lasts on toes and if the swelling is normal 🤔

Attachments

• 20211204_081148.jpg
    20211204_081148.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20211204_080952.jpg
    20211204_080952.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 71

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What do you think? Also looks like the rest of his body is having some shed but not sure how long it lasts on toes and if the swelling is normal 🤔
I am thinking he got that toe stuck in the hammock next to him -- if he did and he yanked it out hes probably got a sprain going -- make sure your UVB is up to par NO coils please this is going to help that toe heal --- correct distance and placement for the UVB T 5's and T 8's have certain distance and placement

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I use this bulb 160 uva,uvb is this good?
yes here is some info on that bulb The 100w should be at around 12'' above the main basking area for both models. Best not to have a mesh screen in between. If there is a mesh screen, then moving up to a higher wattage (160w I believe in both cases) and slightly raising the distance to maybe 14-16'' or so would be good. I don't have one of the higher wattage models to test though.
I would also recommend getting another UVB for the tank most times w/ the distance of the MVB they are not emitting enough UVB for the dragon - please get a Zoo Med 24" fixture and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb the fixture will come w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for back up the distance and placement for the bulb will be different from the 10.0 - placement of the fixture will also depend on your screen --- if your screen is a wide hole type it can stay on top if its a fine screen like a screen door it will need to go inside your tank or on top w/ NO screen
distance inside the tank 12-15 inches top of wide screen 8-10 directly above the basking decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom