Big toe help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatoofoit

Original Poster
Bearded dragons toe has been fat for over 3 weeks appears to be growing I don't know if of its stuck shed or sprained. 1 year old he eats and poops fine has a bath every other day..

Attachments

• 20211203_204730.jpg
    20211203_204730.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 127

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Bearded dragons toe has been fat for over 3 weeks appears to be growing I don't know if of its stuck shed or sprained. 1 year old he eats and poops fine has a bath every other day..
Do you have a hammock in the tank? Are there any other insects in the tank besides roaches? What kind of UVB are you using a coil or a long tube fixture? Please lay off the baths too many dry the scales out--- what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons please

Whatoofoit

Original Poster
Do you have a hammock in the tank? Are there any other insects in the tank besides roaches? What kind of UVB are you using a coil or a long tube fixture? Please lay off the baths too many dry the scales out--- what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons please
Yes there is a hammock. I put some super worms in a dish. I'm using a powersun uva and uvb 160watt. I didn't know about too many baths thank you for that information! He looks very dry like he needs to shed maybe thats what's going on. I recently got a digital gauge and basking is about 112 and the cool side is in the 80s. I plan on getting a bigger tank and a t5 fixture soon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes there is a hammock. I put some super worms in a dish. I'm using a powersun uva and uvb 160watt. I didn't know about too many baths thank you for that information! He looks very dry like he needs to shed maybe thats what's going on. I recently got a digital gauge and basking is about 112 and the cool side is in the 80s. I plan on getting a bigger tank and a t5 fixture soon
Ok so the MVB using the 160w versions should be around 14-16'' away through a screen. The T 5 I recommend either a Zoo Med 24" fixture or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb and the website www.pangeareptiles.com I usually refer people to is sold out or the Sunblaster Nano Tech 2ft or 24" from the hydrobuilder website SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp
Please take the hammock out and if you want hammock I would get a fleece or a cloth one
www.pamperedbeardies.com or try etsy.com
I am thinking she got that toe snagged in the hammock and she yanked it -- the super worms I would not leave in the tank unless they cant get out - they can bite not often but just a precautionary I have seen one instance of that so just FYI
Wait till the shed becomes dry and crackly you can then bathe her or spray in the tank and take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush her to get the loose stuff off-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom