best incubator for eggs that is not extremely costly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Mix it will water till its moist to where it clumps and does not drip at all. Just while the eggs are incubating keep check on it to make sure it does not dry out. I had that happen one time with gecko eggs.

kristy55303

Original Poster
male is with females. He is not an agressive breeder however and ignores them. The females were shipped by a friend i know in the dart frog hobby and they mated at her house. they are getting fatter, though if i gently run my fingers down their bellies i dont feel anything but a mushy belly. They have however gained since being here. She witness them breed and said they may not lay as many eggs as this is their first breeding. Females nor the male show nothing but disinterest in eachother and go about their daily business like they are alone. I ordered the vermiculite assuming it is ups ground so i'll assume it will be here thursday then. i always have hatchrite to back me up just in case, i put a lay box in as they started a bit of scratching this morning i believe my husband said. that is filled with damp sand, not where you could squeeze it to drip though. but close. just damp and wet. 15 quart sterilite bin with good sized hole cut in top and 1/2-2/3 full of damp sand. same subsrate they are on only wet. Cleopatra just bred before comign here and cornelia bred a bit after that. However they werent so gravid when they got here that it was unsafe to ship IMO. So on another order besides the original thermostat, i ordered 4- 8qt bags of vermiculite from big apple herp and also their thermostat(looked nice) and then the incubator( another just in case). My breeder friend said when they scratch and start it usually takes anywhere from 3-8 days until they lay??

Kristy

Kristy

chrisallen

Hatchling Member
Yeah once they start scratching its time. Normally, you can feel the eggs, like marbles in their belly. I had a female this year her first clutch, I couldnt feel, but she was scratching so I put her in the egg laying bin and she laid an infertile clutch. They were all soft. I like to use a seperate container for the egg laying. Its a big rubbermaid(like the 40 gallon or something), that I fill almost all the way up on one side with a mix of dirt/sand and make it moist. I then slope it down towards the other side. I start my own tunnel into the side of the hill, and usually thats what the female uses. I cut the cover for the tub in half, and cover the high side. The low side I put a clamp lamp to give some heat/light down into the tub. Just my setup, I know people use all different setups.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom