Behaviour change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior

Hatchling Member
Albi been acting differently lately, he never seems to bask and is always hiding in his cave on the cool side.
I have no idea why the sudden change :cry:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
How old is Albi? He could be trying to brumate. Alot of beardies do slow down on eating and basking during the winter months.
Have you gone over your set up with anyone on here? How old is your UVB?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
At 6 months he is a bit young to go into a full brumation. If you are using a fluorescent tube UVB, like Reptisun.. it might help to go ahead and change it out now. They should be changed every 6 months anyway.
The other thing you can do is take out his cave, at least during the day, so that he will bask.

Warrior

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
6 months is how long I've had him, he was very small when I had him so he can't be much older than 6 months, I had him in May.
How old are they when they start to Brumate?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Generally they don't go into a full brumation in the first year. There are those few exceptions though. There are some who do kind of a semi-brumation before reaching a year old. They tend to get lazier and their appetite lessens. 6 months is still a bit young though.
Have you checked your temps lately, with the weather getting cooler, to make sure they are good?
You may need to just keep an eye on him. Make sure he is not losing any weight.
How are his stools? Has he had a fecal lately?

Warrior

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His Temps are fine still, his last stool (a day ago) was fine.
He has not had a fecal test yet.

Warrior

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's still the same, he's been under his hide all day again today, he seems to be eating okay and is the same as ever when being handled, he is able to support himself and his head is always raised when he's out of his Viv, still I'm concerned though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom