Bedding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxmommy1

I am using paper towels at the moment. I own a paper shredder and I was emptying it yesterday and wondered if I could use that? Jax could dig around in it but would he eat it?
Has anyone tried this or any opinions on using this?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would stick to the paper towel. The shredded pieces are more likely to be ingested which could lead to impaction. If you want to provide a digging space I'd go with large shreds of fleece which are nice and soft, easy to wash, and less likely to be ingested.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah strips or small blanket sized squares. I have squares that are 12'' on each side and they double as good blankets. Whatever works best in your situation though.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Another risk that shredded paper would present, that paper towels typically dont, would be all the added dies/chemicals added to the paper itself, let alone any of the ink that may be on it.

SDragons

Juvie Member
Do you put the fleece in some kind of container or just pile it up in one area? If so what type/size of container?

Jaxmommy1

Original Poster
Thank you for the responses. I am at the store now to get fleece. Found really cute one with bugs all over it. Haha. Going to make squares for under his big cave and I'm also going to make him a snuggle sack. I'll post pics when done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom