Beardie on Chlor Palm, loss of appetite, problems breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Yeah I bet it will dont give him too much at once as with anything new it should be introduced slowly.Keep me posted.

Ranvier

Original Poster
He seemed to be perking up the last couple of days, enjoying his baths, moving around a lot... today is another story, he didn't touch any of his berries this morning, he's weak and seems very tired (wasn't even trying to get away as much while we were feeding him or trying to lock up his jaw, he just sat there). After we force fed him he perked up a bit and was running around, and sat in the window for a little bit... tonight he can barely keep his eyes open though, he is very dark, and just laying there...

I'm going to call the vet in the morning and see if we can get him in, but it almost seems like he is giving up. Hopefully that is not the case, it's just heartbreaking, and we really do not have the money to have him hospitalized there... so we'll see what happens.

Ranvier

Original Poster
Maybe he's just having a bad day, and he'll feel better in the morning after getting some protein in him.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
hmm i dont know what to tell you im afraid, im a proper panic mummy when it comes to my babies, maybe a vet visit will put your mind at rest, maybe hes having a relapse, like hell get worse before getting better, but dont hold me to that i think a check is maybe in order.
hope hes ok
keep us posted and good luck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, it can be a roller coaster ride at first when they are recovering. Keep him hydrated daily, with at least 3-6ml's of water & pedialyte mixed together, & some food. Don't give up on him yet.

Let us know how he is doing, ok?

Tracie

Ranvier

Original Poster
We're definitely not giving up on him, we'll do whatever it takes.

He ate some blueberries again this morning (I wish he would eat something else too, but that's all he picks out of his salad, at least he's eating by himself with it though) he slept most of the day but perked up for his bath and dinner. He seems so go crazy once he has food in his belly, jumping and climbing and running all over the place. He tried the apple sauce, but was not into it at all, he just turned and walked away.

I'm glad to hear that the roller coaster effect is normal while he's recovering, I just get worried about the little guy.

Ranvier

Original Poster
Yay! Todd pooped! This has been the first time in nearly 5 days, we were starting to panic!

It all looked normal and good, not super smelly or anything.... so relieved :D

Ranvier

Original Poster
Yeah, we are thrilled.

Plus, he's being insanely active, running and jumping all over, we've had him out a few times this morning already, today is a good day!!

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: This is WONDEFUL!!!!!!!

Im so excited to hear this!!!! Good job little guy!!!!!

HUGS!

Sandi

Ranvier

Original Poster
Me too! Even better news, Todd ate 3 butterworms on his own tonight! So we're getting back into him eating on his own hopefully! Tried a cricket, but I think we are going to have to freeze them a bit before we feed them, slow 'em down for him.

So happy though, hopefully we are finally on the mend! :D :D :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great news to hear that he finally pooped. :blob5: So he is feeling better now?
I hope he continues to improve for you now. They have a slow metabolic process & it takes awhile for things like that to pass through them completely.

Tracie

Pleaides

Juvie Member
yay!!! so glad to hear he pooped too. isnt it funny that we get so excited about these things.
i know i get excited about mine pooping even if it is normal and regular i still get excited im like 'ooh lil dragon did lil poop' ...hmm well sometimes its 'ooh lil dragon did BIG poop'. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom