Beardie likes to hide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for a bearded dragon to like to hide under his log alot, he is very active but many times i find him under his log or in his cave before lights out, is this normal?

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
How much of the day does he spend in his hide? Does he spend any time in his basking spot?

Can you answer some questions just so that we can make sure your setup is okay:

1) What UVB light are you using?
2) How close can the BD get to the UVB light?
3) What is the basking spot temperature?
4) What are you using to measure the temperature?
5) What temperature is the cool end of the tank?
6) What size enclosure is your beardie in?
7) What substrate is your beardie on?
8) How old is your beardie and what size is he?
9) What do you offer for food?
10) How often does he eat?
11) How often does he have bowel movements and what is their consistency?
12) Have you had a fecal done on him ever?

brazilman93

Original Poster
1) What UVB light are you using? currently i use a zoomed powersun mercury vapor bulb, but it will soon be changed to a megaray mercury vapor bulb
2) How close can the BD get to the UVB light? about 12 inches
3) What is the basking spot temperature? about 101 degrees
4) What are you using to measure the temperature? i have three digital probe thermometers in the viv, one at the basking spot, one in the middle, and other on cool end
5) What temperature is the cool end of the tank? about 84
6) What size enclosure is your beardie in? he is in a 4 foot by 2 feet by 2 feet enclosure
7) What substrate is your beardie on? reptile carpet
How old is your beardie and what size is he? he is about a year old and is 17 1/2 inches
9) What do you offer for food? for the meat portion i offer crickets, meal worms, and suepr worms, and for veggies i give him collard greens, mustard greens, green beans, and yellow squash
10) How often does he eat? i feed him crickets or worms twice a day and a bowl of veggies
11) How often does he have bowel movements and what is their consistency? he has them once ore twice a day and they are always moist and soft, but sometimes i find them dry because they have been under the heat for a long time
12) Have you had a fecal done on him ever? no i have not got a fecal done but i have a vet appointment in about a week

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, it sounds like everything is set up right. Do you provide calcium supplements?

Also:
How much of the day does he spend in his hide? Does he spend any time in his basking spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom