Bearded dragon pooping runny nonstop

Mwill

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ralphie
My bearded dragon is pooping Liquid everywhere in her cage and recently has been doing it nonstop. How do I help her? Do I need to give her to a rescue? I don’t have access to vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today, any improvements thus far?
Let us know how the basking temperatures are coming along.
The temperatures are very important, as they need optimal
body temperatures so they can digest properly.
Do you feed fruit very often?
I hope your dragon is doing better.

Tracie

Mwill

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ralphie
Thanks for all the help

Ralphie is doing great now. I lowered her heat lamp, and her basking temps are up a few degrees to 95 ish

She’s eating her salads and her poo is looking solid now, and I feed her a few blueberries every 3 or so weeks.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
My bearded dragon is pooping Liquid everywhere in her cage and recently has been doing it nonstop. How do I help her? Do I need to give her to a rescue? I don’t have access to vet.
Almost every case of this is due to poor husbandry, I looked through your previous replies and your basking temps are a bit low. The optimal core temperature is 97.34 degrees which can be achieved with a basking spot of around 107.6 degrees.

Your UVB sounds good, what is the wattage? That will decide wether or not it will be placed above or beneath the mesh, another thing we need to consider in making this decision is if its a fine mesh or a thick mesh.

Make sure you are measuring your temperatures with a digital probe thermometer as opposed to a temp gun or stick-on. Those two are wildly incorrect. Avoid brands such as Thrive at all costs.

I agree with Hazer, try to avoid foods with a high water content such as squash or zucchini, straight greens for a little while will help her get back on track. Avoid feeding fruit, it causes mouth rot and fungal culture.

Every dragon has a self regulated population of pinworm, it helps their body break down cellulose. Pinworm only gets out of control due to husbandry issues, or other types of parasites are usually picked up from feeders.

I’d change your staple insect to either roaches, crickets or silkworms. Superworms should be fed in moderation due to their hard exoskeletons. Be cautious with crickets, they are most prone to parasites.

Good luck,

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do keep us posted on your dragon's progress. Making small changes such as temperatures,
diet, etc makes a tremendous difference for them. We all hope things are going well!

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom