Encouraging A Different Bathroom?

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
My bearded dragon has been pooping right on top of where she basks ever since I got her. I thought she'd realize on her own it inconveniences her since it's a whole process to clean it up, but she continues to do so. It's not that she's lazy either, since throughout the day she'll wander throughout the tank.

Is there any way I could encourage her to go somewhere else? I've tried baths, but I know those can't be a daily thing and it's inconsistent for whether or not she goes anyway.

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
That's a yucky situation. 😬 Does it happen around the same time of day ? Is the basking spot a flat platform ? Beardies often poo in a comfortable warm spot.
The time varies. Her basking spot is on a wood platform with a flat rock on top, she'll often perch herself halfway on the rock and let loose either on the rock or on the wood depending on which direction she's facing. Although I have noticed whenever she goes she'll stick her tail straight up into the air.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probably not much you can do then, may keep platform sized cut up pieces of cardboard on there. Any suitable box you get you can cut to fit.

Last edited:

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Have you tried moving the basking spot? Maybe she might poop on the same spot still without the platform being there. 🤷‍♂️
Or is the spot maybe close to the front glass? I know my boy always poops right in the front so it's easy to spot and I will clean it quickly ;)

Shard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Xion (she-on)
Have you tried moving the basking spot? Maybe she might poop on the same spot still without the platform being there. 🤷‍♂️
Or is the spot maybe close to the front glass? I know my boy always poops right in the front so it's easy to spot and I will clean it quickly ;)
It's towards the back and she's always pooped on her basking spot no matter where or what it was 😔 right now I just put a paper towel down to try to make cleanup easier.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
IMG_20240209_130640.jpg

Like he heard us talking about this 🙈

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom