Bearded Dragon Okay?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is ok, there are a lot of various UVB light brands & unfortunately, they aren't all made equally.
Some are better than others!
As recommended, the Zoomed or Reptisun tube bulbs T5 are the better choices so your dragon
will love an upgrade on the UVB lighting!
He is quite a handsome boy!

Tracie

beardieza

Original Poster
Hi everyone! Sorry no updates for now, I am really trying to get it. I have asked my parents many times to buy the correct bulbs, but as most parents are they are busy with work. During the weekends I will ask them and hopefully soon I will buy the lights. Will keep everyone updated! @Drache613 thank you! hehe I think he is also quite handsome and want to keep him as healthy as possible.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone! Sorry no updates for now, I am really trying to get it. I have asked my parents many times to buy the correct bulbs, but as most parents are they are busy with work. During the weekends I will ask them and hopefully soon I will buy the lights. Will keep everyone updated! @Drache613 thank you! hehe I think he is also quite handsome and want to keep him as healthy as possible.
I hate to say this but the dragons health is jeopardy w/ out correct temps and UVB

beardieza

Original Poster
Also about diet. How do I get my bearded dragon to eat more veggies. He doesn’t like eating them at all. I give collard greens with bell pepper (w/ calcium powder). I give him at least 15 mealworms a day (since they don’t have too much protein). I did recently get dubia roaches from a friend and fed 3 to him yesterday and the day before (3 again bc they have more protein content).

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
I'll just add that until last year I didn't know that my UVB should be within the tank. Moved it to the inside of the screen and saw a difference immediately. We are all always learning. So glad for this site, it's been so helpful and supportive!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Which UVB light are you currently using right now?
If you can & have a safe way to do so, you can try getting him outside for a little while in short
bursts. Be mindful about the temperatures & don't leave him in a plastic bin in direct sun because
he will overheat. You can place him on your lap to get some direct sun, if possible to help him out.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom