Bearded Dragon Okay?

beardieza

Hi so I got new stuff for my bearded dragon and I got a hide for him. Now all he does is go inside and sleep. Is this behavior okay? What should I do? I have had him for three years and never had a hide.
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sorry, would do you mean?
What are your surface basking temps? How are you getting them? Stickons or digital probe thermometers - what is the uvb your using ? A coil or a long tube fixture-- where do you have it placed ? Top of screen or inside the tank?

beardieza

Original Poster
What are your surface basking temps? How are you getting them? Stickons or digital probe thermometers - what is the uvb your using ? A coil or a long tube fixture-- where do you have it placed ? Top of screen or inside the tank?
image.jpg

This is the uvb. My fixture broke so now I am in the process of getting a new one.

beardieza

Original Poster
image.jpg

This is my heat bulb. The temp of the basking area is 95 F

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I check the heat by using a temperature gun.
Those are inaccurate on hammocks please get 2 digital probe thermometers for accurate temps-- also the uvb is on the side of the tank? What are you using it needs to be directly over the basking decor - I need to know brand and bulb so I can tell you the distance - I can't see what you using

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Uvb absolutely will not penatrate glass. Your uvb is being rendered useless in that type setup. Please move it onto the screen or inside under the screen. Your beardie will not thrive otherwise.

beardieza

Original Poster
Uvb absolutely will not penatrate glass. Your uvb is being rendered useless in that type setup. Please move it onto the screen or inside under the screen. Your beardie will not thrive otherwise.
Omg. I did not know that thank you for stating that. I moved it onto the tank.

beardieza

Original Poster
Those are inaccurate on hammocks please get 2 digital probe thermometers for accurate temps-- also the uvb is on the side of the tank? What are you using it needs to be directly over the basking decor - I need to know brand and bulb so I can tell you the distance - I can't see what you using
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please exchange / replace that bulb w/ this one reptisun 10.0 T 8 - it's a better quality bulb-- I would recommend upgrading your uvb to a T 5 - 24" fixture if you need help or recommendations I can do that also the T 8 needs to be in the tank w/ no cover over the bulb and 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor

beardieza

Original Poster
Please exchange / replace that bulb w/ this one reptisun 10.0 T 8 - it's a better quality bulb-- I would recommend upgrading your uvb to a T 5 - 24" fixture if you need help or recommendations I can do that also the T 8 needs to be in the tank w/ no cover over the bulb and 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor
Yes, could you please give me recommendations and the links to everything you just said please!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes, could you please give me recommendations and the links to everything you just said please!
For the T 8 you can get at PetSmart - Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Reptile Lamp | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart I am assuming the fixture is a Zilla brand 18" - for the T 5's here are the links there will be 3 of them all 24" fixtures for a 40+ gallon tank
Zoo Med this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb please get a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 I will post link
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood this bulb 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
or this one found at Pet Smart you want the 24 watt 12% bulb
Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you want the 2 ft or 24" you will need to replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 posted above
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
when the UVB comes please post back on here and I will help you get it placed and distanced for the tank- the screen on the tank will determine placement and distance

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom