Bearded dragon health issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Www.herpvetconnection.com should help you locate a vet in your area. Call around them, explain that it is urgent but also ask if there is anyway they can off you a payment plan for the treatment bills- they might say no but it's always worth a try!

Great that your going to get that sand out asap!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
While the sand is out, ensure to clean the enclosure. Best to use a 90% water 10% bleach mixture washing with hot water (don't burn yourself). Rinse until the smell of bleach has subsided. This will ensure you are putting him back into the most sanitized enclosure as possible.

sparten57

Original Poster
OK. We're going to be cleaning out his cage soon! Then we'll see about getting the baby food after. I looked at the website with vet locations and we found one nearby that my brother should be calling soon :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
That is brilliant that you have looked up a vet! Let us know how the phone call goes - I hope someone can see him very soon!

sparten57

Original Poster
I shall update sometime in the next half hour to an hour. We're cleaning out his cage in a minute (We just got all the sand rinsed out and man is his cage heavier than it looks!)

sparten57

Original Poster
Uhh yes the UV light does have a plastic covering over it. We just finished putting paper towel down and for now we're gonna leave the water dish in until he's well enough that we can give him water by putting it on his nose. We're gonna call the vet on Sunday sense my brother has the day off then. Hopefully in the next month or so we can get a better heat measuring device but for now I think he'll be fine in that department with the amount of heat we have going over here in Washington (I know not as much as most other places but it's at least 20 degrees higher than normal!)

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
sparten57":1523u4z6 said:
Uhh yes the UV light does have a plastic covering over it. We just finished putting paper towel down and for now we're gonna leave the water dish in until he's well enough that we can give him water by putting it on his nose. We're gonna call the vet on Sunday sense my brother has the day off then. Hopefully in the next month or so we can get a better heat measuring device but for now I think he'll be fine in that department with the amount of heat we have going over here in Washington (I know not as much as most other places but it's at least 20 degrees higher than normal!)

This is a Zilla Slimlight? There are 2 holes at the top of the fixture with screws in them. take the screws out and remove the plastic covering. Any obstruction to UV can depreciate its output. How old is the light?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Most vets are closed on sundays but you could call today and try to make an appointment for early in the week :)

yep, def get that plastic covering off.

sparten57

Original Poster
Well the vet that we saw on the website is open every day of the week (It just closes earlier than usual on Sunday). Alrighty I shall see to that in a couple minutes. The bulb is only less than a month old but it's the casing that's messed up and we have yet to get replaced >_< you have to put it in a certain position where it's pushing on this thing that's sticking out otherwise it doesn't turn on. Other than that it works just find

sparten57

Original Poster
Here's a picture of his new enclosure (We're keeping the UV light off for a couple days as suggested):
DSCN0181.jpg

And he just flipped himself on his back >_< Anyone know what to do about that except flip him back over? (Already done) Or should we just wait till the vet? He's only done it once before and that was just a little while after we first got him and he hasn't done it sense

MissT

BD.org Addict
Just turn him back over asap. They can't breathe on their backs. He def needs a vet and probably some liquid calcium- it looks like the MBD has really affected him!

sparten57

Original Poster
Uhh no didn't you guys say I should try leaving it off for a couple days? We're gonna get him some food later in about an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom