Bearded dragon health issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
You could use a very low wattage house bulb next to his heat bulb. Could you not get a 75 or 100w household spotlamp to replace the CHE?

sparten57

Original Poster
Alright that's what I was looking for! And then tonight we'll be adding his new UV fixture. Just to double check, you guys said to have his UV off at night right? So both the bulb and the UV light on during the day and then both of them off at night? That's another reason we can't just use a light bulb for heat because then he would get frozen on most nights.

sparten57

Original Poster
Oh and I think he actually figured out the whole basking thing on his own anyways. Because lately he's been switching between the two sides of his cage. We're still gonna put the spot light up anyways though :wink:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
sparten57":1t10xwo7 said:
Oh and I think he actually figured out the whole basking thing on his own anyways. Because lately he's been switching between the two sides of his cage. We're still gonna put the spot light up anyways though :wink:

Great, this is progress. Can you give a new picture? I know he looked bad before, he his appearance changed?

sparten57

Original Poster
Currently I don't have my camera (I left it in my brothers car by accident). I could post some tomorrow along with what his new enclosure looks like with the new UV bulb and the spot light set up. He's got some color back though right now I think he's about to start shedding some time soon. Other than that he's just become a bit more aware of his surrounding and is getting used to eating from a syringe.

sparten57

Original Poster
Oh one more question. Does the light need to be over the top of the cage? Or can we have it coming through the top part of the glass since we're not using it for heating purposes?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
sparten57":3shszmdm said:
Oh one more question. Does the light need to be over the top of the cage? Or can we have it coming through the top part of the glass since we're not using it for heating purposes?
If you mean the UV light, then no. Glass filters out 99-100% of UV.

sparten57

Original Poster
No I was talking about just the light bulb. But it would be coming from the heated side. It would just be a lot easier if we didn't have to put it on the top of the cage (It's getting kinda crowded up there)

sparten57

Original Poster
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. Busy week. Anyways we got everything set up and Draco has started going from both sides of his cage depending on the heat (Which is awesome). Had a job interview which I think went well, hopefully I get the job. Then I'll be able to help take care of Draco a bit better, especially since he'll probably be mine once my brother gets married.

sparten57

Original Poster
Yeah he seems to be getting better. Just thought I'd let you all know since I think I at least owed you guys that with all the help you gave me :)

sparten57

Original Poster
Sorry, I actually completely forgot about this since I figured everyone left it haha. I'm not sure what I can do for pictures since I don't have my camera at the moment but he has started opening his eye! Which is awesome because before that it had been about 3 months without him opening it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom