Baron the Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just making this to put stories/pictures of Baron in.
I got him on Friday. I think he was laid in Jan/Feb, and he hatched in March but I'm not 100 percent sure.
He's a Super Red, and pretty gentle for now.
Here he is:
tumblr_mlj8a5sLMZ1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

No exciting stories about him yet...aside from his logic being "No I don't want dinner 2 hours before my lights go out, Mom" and then 15 minutes before lights go out, he is dancing along the glass where the cricket keeper is and trying to eat them through it.
And then when I go to feed him this morning...nothing. Silly Beardie.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Geez, how sick is that. I've never been up to Grouse, don't ski and don't hike much either. Having Queen's Park across the street is enough hiking for me! Plus I hurt my ankle badly in a fall in January and have ligament damange so can't even get up and down stairs at this point. But my sis-in-law, brother and their boys do go up to Grouse as often as they can, mostly for skiing, but also for hiking when they have a chance, so I'll let them know, they get the Province so might have already seen the article.

So he grew more than 1/2" in a week? That's normal for a baby who's eating well, so expect more growth more quickly now. :D

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hopefully they half. Most dog owners on the North Shore know now, but I've been still spreading the word as much as possible just in case.

And yeah, I'm excited. I'll always love him as a little baby but him as a big guy should be so interesting. And he's so fat now. He's got a little tumtum.

I love when I bathe him, he expands his lungs when he runs around so he just balloons right up so he can float...not like there's any need, he can always touch the bottom. What a goon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Gabriel's the same, fills himself with air so he can float, but he floats sideways, it's very funny to watch, and it's the same, he can touch the bottom of the sink, too funny that Baron does the same thing!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That's hilarious Deb. I'm going to try getting a picture of his BIG belly when he's in his bath tomorrow.
But here is some of the handsome man and his markings.

tumblr_mnlian4srp1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

I guess he has lavender. I thought it was a bit more clear on my phone, but clearly not(haha). Its more blurry then I would like. Oh pretty expensive camera I wish I had youuu. His head is so foggy, I'm expecting it to just explode any time now.

tumblr_mnlibjoyk61qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

He loves sitting on the laptop. I'd say it's his favorite.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, that picture of his colours is awesome, and lavender sidebars, very rare. He's such a cutie and I can see that the laptop is his favourite place, he looks very happy there, except for the head shed, poor guy.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
When he goes dark, his lavender turns black. I love the changes it does! And is it rare? I never knew and thought it was kind of common. Ha!
And yes, the laptop and my shoulder are his favorite. He got up around behind my neck yesterday and he started licking the back of my neck...I pulled him away because I didn't want him eating my hair but it sure was an interesting feeling.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh, what a cutie, to be licking the back of your neck, beardie kisses. And yes, I have the same thing, munch, munch on the hair, they like the taste I think and it is protein, after all :lol:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm glad I use a vegan conditioner that's all natural. I'd be worried about using anything else and having him munch on it. And I avoid anything with Tea Tree oil because of the Hedgehog...she loves to chew on my hair too, which doesn't make my hair very happy but it makes her happy.

He only did kisses when he was awake. I took him out for cuddles about 2 hours before dinner for some cuddles and he crawled right back there and went wild until I moved him. Then he was just upset and pouted.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Baron gets taken out between lunch and dinner now when I'm home. Lets him explore while he's awake, though a lot of times he just ends up behind my neck, or sleeping on me.

His pre-shed head is so bad. Still nothing popping, his nose shed a tiny bit, but that's it. He's probably so uncomfortable, to the point where he hasn't eaten at all today. He also won't eat dinner a lot. His appetite has dropped, but he hasn't lost much weight. He's still a little fatty.

His tail is starting to go again. When he shed it last time, he shed the bottom half and then the top half went later on when the rest of his body started to go into pre-shed. So it's good to see the motions going again. I measured him last night, and he's almost at 8.5", so he's still steadily growing which is good!

I see a lot of dragons with blankets, so I took a clean face cloth and that's his blanket until he's bigger and I can go out and get some fleece. I'll buy some more for liners for Arya so I can take some from that without worrying about it. When I take him out after lights out, he only likes sleeping under my shirt or my blanket I have. So the cloth works really well for him cuddling.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
All of my dragons have blankets, I bought a set of fleece blankets from a friend 2 years ago, they still look brand new. Then another friend made me some blankets for helping her get her dragon back on his feet (he was almost dead when she rescued him and only 3 mo old), so now I have spares and Titan has his own. They're fun because they like to snuggle in them and they sleep better being covered at night. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so use the living room/dining room area and this way they're still in the dark to sleep.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That's so cute! Baron slept in his cloth last night. He isn't right now but I'll cover him up in a bit when I take him out again.

I took him out for an hour for a bath and exploring, and he found the back of our couch.
tumblr_mnsvdueeqj1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnsvdueeqj1qc4rpqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnsvdueeqj1qc4rpqo5_500.jpg

tumblr_mnsvdueeqj1qc4rpqo4_1280.jpg

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He was king of the mountain until he almost fell between the space between the couch and the wall...I didn't even realize it was there or he could slip through. Noticed right away when I heard him scramble a bit. From there on he's on the main cushions or me only until he's a bit bigger haha. He sure loved it though! And it is so good. I wish he'd eat more of his crickets though...they're starting to die out again, though not nearly as many I can see a few lying on the bottom. Gotta clean it out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom