Baron the Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just making this to put stories/pictures of Baron in.
I got him on Friday. I think he was laid in Jan/Feb, and he hatched in March but I'm not 100 percent sure.
He's a Super Red, and pretty gentle for now.
Here he is:
tumblr_mlj8a5sLMZ1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

No exciting stories about him yet...aside from his logic being "No I don't want dinner 2 hours before my lights go out, Mom" and then 15 minutes before lights go out, he is dancing along the glass where the cricket keeper is and trying to eat them through it.
And then when I go to feed him this morning...nothing. Silly Beardie.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Brittani, I think so too.

He isn't eating though. =[ I have a feeling it's because my youngest cat jumped up on the top(thank god I decided to go with a top...) and has stressed him out. He ate the first night and morning, and a bit that night, but after Benjamin jumped up he just won't eat when I'm trying to feed him. Going to try putting the crix in with him and leaving the room for 5 minutes each time. It'll be a slow process, but I just feel he won't eat when I'm in the room.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He shed his head! And I put some crickets in with him, he ate 4 of the 10 I put in, but glass danced his reflection more then focused on crickets. BUT IT'S SOMETHING.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats on Baron, what a great name! What a cute little beardie and get used to him playing with your mind, that's what they do from day 1. I'm glad he's shedding and that he's starting to eat again. I'm sure that big cat startled him, though, glad he's getting over it. The glass dancing usually means he wants out or that he's had a poop & he REALLY needs to get away from that awful thing :lol: Beardie babies are so cute to watch...they're still cute as adults, but not quite as energetic as babies.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well I cleaned out the poop he made earlier. I took him out and he's fallen asleep on me now. I'm just letting him cuddle with me for a bit since he seems really happy. He was so full of energy compared to what I've seen him have since we got him on Friday. It's like he's a completely different baby. I bought some baby food earlier tonight to feed him if he didn't eat crickets, and syringed him about 1/4 of a teaspoon gradually onto his nose and he seemed to like that. It was sweet potato and chicken, which I remember reading is okay to give them. I'm going to try the crickets again tomorrow, and I'm placing an order for Pheonix Worms this week no matter what. Just because the worms are easier and I heard they like them a lot better then the Crickets.

That and easier.

And thanks! His full name is Baron Nashor, but we just call him Baby Baron for now.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, beardie snuggles, the best feeling in the world. I snuggle mine as much as I possibly can, when I'm home I take them out one by one and they get cuddles, when they're sleepy I sometimes have one on each shoulder. It's a bit of a juggling act when I'm working but on weekends it's a different thing altogether.

I'm so glad Baron is feeling better and more energetic. The babyfood is great, I always have some on hand, just in case, as long as there isn't any pasta in it, it's just fine as a filler, and can get their appetite going again. Hopefully he'll be eating tons, soon.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Baron didn't eat dinner last night, or breakfast this morning. I don't know what's going on with him. Benjamin jumped up on his Terrarium again last night, so we're going to make shift a cardboard wall that goes up another 2 and a half feet to make sure the cat can't jump up. And lock the cat in the bedroom just to be sure.

Baron seems lively though. This is what he did the other night when I was cuddling with him:
tumblr_mlqwtdK06U1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg
I went to put him down on my shoulder and he said 'nope' and fell asleep.

He does keep rubbing the side of his head against his basking rock. Is it because of his shed? I gave him a really good bath and tried to make sure all the old skin was off(though he seems to have a patch right on his chin and won't let me get to it.)

Edit: I also talked to the import people for bugs and things, and they said I'm allowed to bring Pheonix Worms across the border without a permit. Yes! Next month I'll be going down, I have a lovely person willing to let me order them to their house and I'll go pick them up though I might just do next day air and order them the day before I go down. I wish I could contact someone that lives in Seattle or goes down regularly that I could hitch a ride with or they could bring the worms up in case my friend that wants to go falls through. Oh well, not to worried. =D The worm news made my day.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Reptisun 10.0 24"tube. I know it isnt uvb affecting his diet because he'll eat some one day then not eat for a day. Probably still stress but I'm just naturally worried(bad anxiety issues).

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Aww! Baron's such a cutie!! Good news about the Pheonix worms, too! I haven't been able to find them around here or able to ship to me.
Can't wait to see more pics!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I got him to eat some baby food again tonight. Not much at all though. He just won't eat crickets often. It's really weird but I'm guessing he just hates them. They're starting to die off-good thing I have a hedgehog that will devour them. She loves crickets.

And thanks! He's beautiful. My boyfriend and I are going to hopefully pick up a really nice camera by august for our anniversary and I'll be able to get beautiful pictures of him and the cats and hedgehog. (Though I already have very nice pictures of the cats and hedgehog lol)

Depending on where you are located I may or may -not- be able to send you some?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's so cute and babies can be like that, he's probably shedding more again, they shed constantly when they're babies. Glad to hear about the worms and just to let you know, I still worry about my crew and except for Titan, they're all adults. They just like kids, you never stop worrying about them...it just comes naturally. That's one reason I'm going gray!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I've owned dogs and cats my entire life. Ayra(the hedgehog) is so low care that I'm not worried about her anymore. She eats high quality cat food, runs on her wheel, needs a bath every two weeks to get the poop off of her butt, and doesn't really need cuddles because she hates people(but I know she gets better care with me then another family that would have bought her from the pet store). Cats are...well cats. Aside from my kitten who decides to eat everything, I don't worry about them.

BUT A BEARDED DRAGON IS SO NEW AND I'M SO WORRIED I'LL MESS UP UGH even though I know what I'm doing is right because I did months of research before getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom