Baron the Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just making this to put stories/pictures of Baron in.
I got him on Friday. I think he was laid in Jan/Feb, and he hatched in March but I'm not 100 percent sure.
He's a Super Red, and pretty gentle for now.
Here he is:
tumblr_mlj8a5sLMZ1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

No exciting stories about him yet...aside from his logic being "No I don't want dinner 2 hours before my lights go out, Mom" and then 15 minutes before lights go out, he is dancing along the glass where the cricket keeper is and trying to eat them through it.
And then when I go to feed him this morning...nothing. Silly Beardie.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So Baron has grown 1/4 of an inch over the week, and over the past 4 days has eaten anywhere from 15-25 crickets per day(rough estimate from what I've been told). He's pretty fat, taking big poops and is getting ready to do a full body shed. The every day baths has really helped keep his appetite up. I need to start working on ways to keep the crickets alive longer, I lost I think 30-40 of them over the weekend. Room Mate picked up another 100 for us today since he was out. I'm hoping that permit hurries up!

The weekend was okay. I clash with my sister to much for me to really enjoy it though, but it was still good seeing all the family. It's very good to be back home though.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Crickets need lots of protein, so I use Rep-Cal Cricket Protein Food and then water crystals. I used to put pieces of fruit but don't do that anymore. I still lose some, but not that many anymore.

I'm so glad he's got his appetite back & it's great how daily baths work so well for their appetites!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ohh! I didn't know that, I'll have to keep that in mind now. Do you think chickpeas would work for that? I've got some canned ones that I don't need anymore. Drain them and put them in a small dish as well. They always have tons of water crystals.

And yes! He's taken big poops in his baths all weekend but nothing today. So tomorrow for his bath he gets a tinnyyy bit of olive oil for a few drops on his nose. See if that helps if he doesn't poop tomorrow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sometimes they miss a day with poop, but a couple drops of oil won't do him any hard. Not sure about the chickpeas, but try anyway, as they do need protein to survive. Can you get some cricket food soon?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
When Brandon works I'll have him see if he has time to go get some on his break or after. But I'll see if the chickpeas work.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Some pictures of the little man from last night:

tumblr_mn4xfl1VM71qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn4xgqREJS1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn4xhj7eJm1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn4xihEoGQ1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn4y2wfHnH1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

And from tonight: This was how he decided to fall asleep!

tumblr_mn6npxB2ip1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mn6nqjWHeJ1qc4rpqo1_500.jpg

He was not happy at being woken up, but he's getting cuddles now so he's pretty happy now lol.

Also he did a big poop today...climbed into his cricket bin, pooped and then danced until I let him out...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's grown a lot since last pics, love his colours, he looks very healthy and happy (except when you woke him up!)

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He's an eating machine, devoured 25 crickets today. 10 in the morning, 5 in the afternoon and then 10 at night. It was my first day feeding him since last Wednesday, and he didn't eat nearly that many then. So it's good to see him eating so much! And he has grown! I won't be able to hold him on my finger soon, ha!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Baron has officially started his shed today. His front arms and around his neck has started mini shed splosions. He got a long soak today, but he isn't eating much. But I kind of figured he wouldn't since I know a lot of beardies don't.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I need to take more now that he's shed and isn't muted out. I wish it was nice here...it's over cast and colder here, so I can't bring him out at all.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
CountofCasualty":3lqpfesj said:
Thanks! I need to take more now that he's shed and isn't muted out. I wish it was nice here...it's over cast and colder here, so I can't bring him out at all.
I let my guys free roam even in the winter just not outside :mrgreen: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom