Baby growth rates - help me collect data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey all.

Just updated the spreadsheet. I'm on vacation so I haven't had a chance to do much. But I love all the data so keep it coming.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Summers been busy, camp, friends, cousins, bleh bleh bleh. I finally got around to measuring her! The last time I did was 3 weeks ago. She is now.......

133 grams
8 1/2 inches!
Keep in mind that she is missing 2/3 of her tail.
She gained 30 grams in 3 weeks!
She is a 9-10 month old.
Is this healthy?

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Hello,

Gizmo was measured tonight.
15", 305 grams

I don't know if she's just going to be short as she has really dropped off on gaining length. However, her weight continues to rise. She hadn't shed in quite a while as well.

Does anyone know if the length dropping off at this age is normal or not? I adopted her on Jan 30, 2015; she was 6 1/2" and 7 grams. I'm guessing she is very close to 7 months old +/- 2 weeks.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
GizmosGrammie":325v8l0z said:
Hello,

Gizmo was measured tonight.
15", 305 grams

I don't know if she's just going to be short as she has really dropped off on gaining length. However, her weight continues to rise. She hadn't shed in quite a while as well.

Does anyone know if the length dropping off at this age is normal or not? I adopted her on Jan 30, 2015; she was 6 1/2" and 7 grams. I'm guessing she is very close to 7 months old +/- 2 weeks.

I quickly browsed through some growth charts online, and it looks like Gizmo is doing pretty well! There were some dragons that were longer at 7 months, but a good amount of them were right around 15" at 7 months.

Soleil is going to be bigger than Nero in my next measurements, she's eating way more than he is and she's got a longer tail. He's a month old than her, so it really shows how different they all are. :D

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Well, she's bigger than he is now! (To be fair, her tail is longer than his!)

Soleil - 128g, 13.25" at 14.5 weeks
Nero - 110g, 13" at 18 weeks

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Posting my "caught up" spot.

Wow everyone's babies are growing up.

Zaxxi is now 92g and 11.75". She's HUGE compared with when we brought her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom