Baby growth rates - help me collect data

Status
Not open for further replies.

genskiR6

Measured this morning at 6 weeks. Still the same results. He's at 5 1/4 inches and still at 5 grams. ?? Eating like a horse, veggies and crickets.

JLollino

genskiR6":77pa683w said:
Measured this morning at 6 weeks. Still the same results. He's at 5 1/4 inches and still at 5 grams. ?? Eating like a horse, veggies and crickets.

I saw the same thing with my baby Beardie when I first got him he wasn't really getting any larger the first two weeks but by the 3rd week and him being almost 8 weeks old he's starting to grow exponentially in a week he'd almost doubled in weight from 10 to 17 Grams and he gained over an inch in length from 6 to 7 1/4 inches long. So hang tight and he'll begin to grow fatter than you can believe but I'd give it another week or two and if he's still not growing at all than I would see a vet

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
genskiR6":qk1g88zk said:

He gained 0.25" in length. I wouldn't worry yet. Give him a couple weeks and then he should take off.

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Hello,

I measured Gizmo again last night.
She's 19+ weeks post adoption, was probs at least 6-8wks old when I adopted her.
Still 14 1/2"
233.88 grams

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
GizmosGrammie":345ejlwp said:
Hello,

I measured Gizmo again last night.
She's 19+ weeks post adoption, was probs at least 6-8wks old when I adopted her.
Still 14 1/2"
233.88 grams

Nice. Her weight is climbing but the curve is starting to taper off. It will be interesting to see how long it keeps climbing for.

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Yeah, her weight seems okay it's continuing to rise but she hasn't grown in length since about May 6 if my memory is right. I don't know if I should be concerned. I've run down her Viv setup in other posts & everything was good. Recently changed basking light for a new bulb, just a 60w house light bulb; my powersun MVB bulb should still be strong... She has slowed down on her eating though. She eats pretty good at 6am before I got to work, has salad greens in her cage all day mixed with juvenile beardie pellets. I don't think she's eaten any pellets but I mix them in anyway. She doesn't eat very many of her crickets when I feed her at 5pm. I put her in a separate feeder tote, she has all the time she wants to eat but usually wants out after 15 minutes. She has at least 30+ crickets offered in each feeding. I sprinkle calcium 1x/day @ 5 days/wk and vitamins 1x/ day @ 2 days/wk. Maybe she's just genetically gonna be a shortie.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Miss Buddy is 6-10 months.
Doing this every week.
3.4 oz or 98 grams
8 inches exactly
Shes missing about half of her tail. Maybe more

Does this sound right???

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I need to weigh/measure Zaxxi again. I was going to do that today but I got too busy and now she's asleep.

How about Wayne? Any updates?

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Soleil - 47g, 11" at 11.6 weeks
Nero - 67g, ~12" at 15.2 weeks (he wouldn't stay still for the measurement :lol: )

JLollino

Sorry for not updating been super busy.

Khaleesi
7 weeks - 6.5"/ 10grams
8 weeks - 7.5"/ 19 grams
9 weeks - 8"/ 29 grams
10 weeks - 9.5"/ 40 grams

OBee
8 weeks - 8"/ 12 grams
9 weeks - 8.25"/ 16 grams
10 weeks - 8.5"/ 21 grams

Khaleesi I got from petsmart she might be a week maybe 2 older. OBee I got from a breeder I know his age is exact. Also struggling with him adjusting but getting better so his growth is slow.

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Gizmo's growing nicely. I measured her last night. She is so very close to 15", so I'm going to say she is. Lol. She's a whopping 248 grams.
Here she is tonight after lights out, all pancaked out on top of her cave hide.
80462-3535861904.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom