Assassin Is 1 YEAR OLD ON MON!! 8/23!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Dang! He's just insanely huge for a juvie!!! I love the pics, congrats on the camera! I was hoping for one for X-mas but :( . Looks like I'll have to wait for my b-day! His colors are gorgeous and his creamy belly is the best!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks fez! yeah his size and growth rate are just insane! His fat belly is always creamy white when he's out running around! He only shows stress marks when he's basking and soaking up the heat. Got the camera from Radio shack for just under $100.
Thanks Lance! I think he gets cuter by the day! (I'm his mom though so I'm biased!)
Twobeardieguy:
HUBBA HUBBA!!!!!!!
Lance, your hilarious! My adult female, Mae, has certainly taken notice of him! :wink: She's such a hussy! LOL

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
LMAO!!! NO! Hussy-Mae has to wait a year! She would be a "cougar", older female chasing the young male! :shock: She tries very hard to get his attention through the partition! He's too young yet and isn't sure what to think! Another month or so, and he'll have figured it out too! :shock:

MissT

BD.org Addict
O my, Sandy he is just so so so so cute!!! I love him!! You know, the first beardie we got (Princess Abu) was sold to us as a German Giant... she never got past 16.5 inches! We loved her, regardless of her breeding, but I have to say, we were ever so slightly ripped off!!

I give him a week to figure out what a girl is!! Then you will have the lovely experience of Assassin with Spring Fever!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks T!
Abu may have had the GG, but the line may have been farther back than the breeder claimed. Doesn't matter, she was your baby! And she was well loved regardless!
Yeah, I figure a week, or two and he'll have figured it out! :wink: Mae comes to the one corner, scratches, trying to peak around and he has to get off his log to go see who's there! He's already making laps around the viv! He goes to the corner trying to say hello, then a lap, back to basking, then back to the corner! For now it's like he's trying to figure out who this other dragon is. He very curious! LOL And, he's been acting like a headbobbing fool on and off for a couple weeks since he learned how to do that! Most males can hit sexual maturity around 8 months, so, even for his size I think he still has a couple months before he starts acting like the total ladies man!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Kazi hit puberty at just under 6 months and it was insane.... one day Abu was out and he was waving at her... the next day, she was out and he nearly came through the glass with this insanely black beard - he was only about 11 inches at the time!!! He had already figured out bobbing by that stage but generally only locusts were subject to the Kazi-bob!! Beardie puberty is fun!!

Im glad to hear someone else has a hussy female tho - Phoebe is a total tramp sometimes!!

Cant wait for more Assassin pics.... and I cant wait to see just how big he gets!!!!!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks T
Kazi is so funny! We've had only one full black-beard, head-bobbing and stomping display so far! About 2 weeks ago. Since then a lot of headbobbing on and off, but no more blackbearding! I was hopeful that puberty would hit at 8 months for him, but, he is already starting to show that dominant male side! And yeah, Mae is a total floozy! LOL She always trying to flirt with him!
They can't actually see each other through the partition, just a glimpse throught the edge of it. But she gets right there at that edge and scratches, glass dances and tries to tease him! She's a bad girl! LOL They still have to wait a year though, I don't want to breed them until Assassin is about 18 months. I'm sure that soon Mae will have his FULL attention! LOL She'll be driving him crazy!

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Assassin has developed this habit of circling the viv about a hundred times a day! He jumps down from the basking spot, heads for the corner trying to peak at Mae through the edge of the partition, makes a lap around the rest of the viv, then back to the basking spot. Well, today he decided to go under his logs before climbing back onto his basking spot, and with each lap he repeated the trip under the logs. I got home from running some errands and saw him peeking out from under and thought he'd gotten himself stuck! LOL No, he wasn't. He crawled out and went back around to climb onto the basking spot. I snapped a couple pics of the big goof coming out from under the logs.

Snow020-1.jpg

Snow019-1.jpg

Enjoy

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
When I first walked in and set down my stuff, I looked over to say hi to him and I really thought he was stuck!!! LOL

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I just walked into my room and thought Lil was dead. I have never in my life been so terrified lol. There have been several times I've thought she'd managed to get herself stuck in various places.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Did you tell Lilly to stop scaring you like that?! Yeah, I thought he was stuck, then, since I'm such a bad mommy, I laughed at him! He's gonna be too big to crawl under that log soon, so I'll have to take it out. My first big male dragon got himself stuck under the really big log that Assassin now has. Captain Jack had crawled under and tried to turn around! Poor guy, I got home and he was curled up asleep cause he couldn't get out! He never tried it again! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom