any idea how to feed when on holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunworth1

i'm going on holidays for a week and have no one to look after my dragon
any ideas how to feed him when i'm away

honpup

i think its illegal to leave an animal longer then a couple of days without fresh water and food??? A week is a long time to have poo in the viv! cant some one pop in at least once? As an emergency you could use dryed food with meal worms! But i would seriously look and ask around so you dont end up with a sick beadie!

covedweller

Juvie Member
if you wouldn't mind posting where you live, maybe there is a beardeddragon.org member nearby who can help you out..

diane

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Do you have a local herp vet? If so you may try calling them to inquire if you can board your beardie with them while you are gone. I know ours does for $15 per day. This will be a godsend for us in December when we go back to Kansas for the holidays. By then we will have 4 beardies and I don't really want to take them where it's freezing in the winter (they are California babies :D )

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
You really really don't have ANYONE to throw some veggies/crix in his viv a few times while you are gone?

When I left last time, I took some plastic cups and threw in some crickets with a little veg to eat and a piece of egg crate. I covered each cup with the press-n-seal wrap and poked holes in them. I laid out a cup for each day, and stored them on their side so the crix could have somewhere to move around. I chopped up plenty of veg to last for each day. The person I had watching Blaze didn't want to mess with the crix, so all she had to do was throw in a pinch (she was younger) of veg and open a cup of crix and shake it out. No fiddling, chasing, catching or otherwise screwing around with the buggers. Worked out well.. She picked up the poo with napkins and wipes for me, though. That was nice of her. All I had to do was remove the old veg and pieces of egg crate when I got back home.

Thankfully, now, I volunteer for a great animal sanctuary and I can bring them out there next time I go away for a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom