Antenna Sticking out of side of mouth?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLSLeO

Hatchling Member
Hello all, I fed Ace today, and he seems to have an antenna sticking out the side of his mouth, is this ok? Is it normal? I always try to pick crickets smaller than the space between his eyes...

Dracosmommy

Juvie Member
Yeah it's totally normal. I've had it happen with Draco. My sister's dragon Spike has done it many times. :roll: Draco leaves body parts in the cage. :shock: I've found cricket legs or a head (really gross) and other anatomy hanging around. Of course he goes back and eats them later within minutes. Uggggh!! :roll: Not the legs though. I feed him medium to smaller large crickets so I don't understand the carnage. :lol: I've also witnessed the antennae moving when they were sticking out of his mouth! :laughhard: I'm a sick puppy!! :mrgreen:

HLSLeO

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dracosmommy":13ghfx1h said:
Yeah it's totally normal. I've had it happen with Draco. My sister's dragon Spike has done it many times. :roll: Draco leaves body parts in the cage. :shock: I've found cricket legs or a head (really gross) and other anatomy hanging around. Of course he goes back and eats them later within minutes. Uggggh!! :roll: Not the legs though. I feed him medium to smaller large crickets so I don't understand the carnage. :lol: I've also witnessed the antennae moving when they were sticking out of his mouth! :laughhard: I'm a sick puppy!! :mrgreen:

hahaha! that is crazy! i did not witness any movement from the antenna but that is crazy...

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
The other day Picasso bit a Dubia clear in half, only eating the lower half of its body... he wouldn't eat the top half and it was still alive! ><

It cracks me up when they do this!!! Mojo is notorious for biting into worms or other live prey and leaving heads or tails. He also gets it all over his lil mouth sometimes and he usually doesnt lick it off right away. Oh but when he discovers it he licks his lips like crazy n then looks around for more. Never a dull moment at dinner time!!!

HLSLeO

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hahaha!i love this!!! these stories are awesome... i'm glad i am a member of this forum... you guys are all great!!! and have great stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom