Another mealworm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickb

Juvie Member
It is actually blue. But because it is a link, when you click on it, IE (by default) changes it to purple to indicate its a link you have already explored. ;)

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
patrickb":96c97 said:
It is actually blue. But because it is a link, when you click on it, IE (by default) changes it to purple to indicate its a link you have already explored. ;)
I know it is really just a stupid question lolz, I dont feed them mealworms any more but small supers instead.
I use firefox, and there are some blue colored text links there that are still blue like:
Try Beet Greens, Kiwi Fresh etc..

patrickb

Juvie Member
Well, without getting too heavy into the details of it, basically the positioning of the code that determines the color of the link is the issue. In the case of the earlier ones that turned purple when you clicked them, the color code was on the 'outside' of the link, which means it made the link itself that color. The last links you posted, the color coding is on the 'inside' of the link which actually colors the text of the link. I may seem weird like that, but a link can be colored and then have the proper behavior happen to it after it has been visited (ie: turning purple in this case) or the text of that link can be colored and the same behavior won't work since the text itself is basically hard coded to be a certain color.

For a link, you have two basic parts, the link itself, and the text that is displayed as the link. If you specify for the link to be a certain color, it will be like that, until you click it. After you click it, it resorts to whatever the normal behavior of a clicked link is in your browser. If you choose to make the text of the link a certain color, it bypasses this behavior and stays that color always. Make sense? Bit confusing maybe, but that is the basics of it. I suspect when she was making that webpage, since the default color of links is blue in most editors, she may not have manually highlighted the text of each link and specifically changed it to blue, which would cause this behavior. ;)

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I do get it :-D Sorta. just makes me wonder why this was the only one she accidentally made purple :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom