amounts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarrianna

I want a beardie for Christmas but Im not exactly sure how many greens and how many crickets I will need to feed a baby to a juvenile to an adult.If you could give me a chart or something that would be great.Thanks :)

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
For a growing dragon (hatchling to about 18 months old) you're looking at a lot of live bugs. There are two methods to feeding a growing dragon. The more popular is to feed as many live bugs as your dragon wants to eat in 10 minutes per feeding. The younger the dragon, the more often they should be offered bugs. For example, a 2 month old dragon should be offered bugs 3x a day, a 4 month old is good with 2x a day, and somewhere between 8-12 months they drop down to bugs 1x a day. As your dragon grows, this can be over 100 bugs a day. This method reasons that dragons need a lot of protein to grow properly and by allowing them to eat as much as they want you make sure they get everything they need. The second method is pretty much the same but cuts the live food off at 50 crickets (or the equivalent) a day, reasoning that 50 crickets is enough for your dragon to grow well while at the same time encouraging healthy eating habits since your dragon is likely to start eating salad at an earlier age. Either way, you'll want to order your bugs in bulk online since you'll be going through hundreds a week. You should provide a good salad every day regardless of your dragon's age, although a young dragon is more likely to ignore the greens in favour of their live bugs so they eat less of it than an adult dragon will.

An adult dragon should get 25-50 live bugs a week (depending on the type of bug you use) and a large daily salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom